*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250946-Origami-in-The-Office
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1250946
I'm a huge fan of The Office, and here's some of my fan fiction.
A delivery man enters.

“Uhh. Hi, I have a delivery for a Michael Scott?”

“Oh. Yeah, I can take that for him”, says Pam. She reaches over for the slip of paper to sign for the package. “I didn’t realize we had any deliveries today.”

“Exxxcuse me Pam. What is going on here?” Michael Scott looks into the camera with a smile before turning back to Pam.

“Oh. Michael. You have a package….from…Insect World Origami Kits?” Pam looks at Michael questionly.

“Yes. Yes. That would be mine! Thank you!”

In a low monotone voice Kevin speaks, “That sounds like a kids toy Michael.”

“Kevin. What? No. Origami is a very special cultural kind of art. I’m learning the Chinese art of paper folding, Kevin. This is not a kids toy. This is a very adult...”

With a slight smile on his face, Jim interrupts Michael. “Actually Michael, origami is Japanese.”

“Chinese Japanese. It’s exactly the same Jim,” Michael argues. He is clearly becoming more and more flustered.

The delivery man speaks up, “China and Japan are two completely different countries…”

“What would you know? You’re a delivery man.”, says Michael turning away with a noise of disgust. He grabs his Origami kit, enters his office, and slams the door.

Jim and Pam look at each other, eyes wide, with smiles on their faces.

--
Michael in his office, addressing the camera.

“I bought the Origami kit so I can learn more about the different kinds of uses of paper. I think they’re all just jealous because I will always know more about paper than they do.”

--

Jim to the camera.

“Origami actually has origins in both China and Japan. But Michael doesn’t know that. I just like to rattle him sometimes, you know. It’s pretty entertaining when Michael is angry.” Jim looks into the camera with a slight smirk on his face.

--

Everyone in the office is getting up to leave for the day. Jim is the last to leave before Pam. He walks up to her desk and places a pink origami rose on her desk.

“Oh my gosh. You did not”, she says smiling up at him .

“My Mom made me take an arts and crafts thing when I was younger. They taught us to make origami.”

Pam looks at Jim with a look of disbelief on her face and smiles.

“You better, you know find some kind of glass case for that Beasly, cause you know, it may be worth money someday.”

Jim pats the desk on his way out.

“See you tomorrow?”

“Yeah…Thanks Jim.” They smile at each other as he walks out.

Pam is the only one left in the office. She sits at her desk as she twirls the origami rose in her finger. She looks at it with a smile on her face.

--

Pam gets in her car to drive home. She is still holding Jim’s pink origami rose. She sticks it up by her rearview mirror. She smiles, then drives away.

© Copyright 2007 K. Rose (kbelmonte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250946-Origami-in-The-Office