*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1252165-Whats-Your-Legacy--Will-You-Leave-a-Mark
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #1252165
answers to questiosn of serenit greatness an opinion on the philosphy of life and legacy
4/23/2007 12:55 AM
What Is Your Legacy, And How Will You Leave Your Mark?
By Donald J. Barnes

I was once asked what legacy would I leave behind what memories of my life would there be when I died. In truth I don’t know, there are always illusions or grandeur. However it is what we do today that will inevitably affect what happens tomorrow. What decisions we make now are the decisions that will affect then. But it is human nature to not think in this manor. We live by impulse we feel and what we feel determines the decisions that we make. My uncle always told me that “when one door closes another door opens” I believe in a sense that he was rite.
No matter what decisions we make there is always a positive and a negative. By saying the wrong thing we may drive someone we care about away from us but bring truth and peace of mind in return. That no matter how we feel every decision we make will turn for the better and that every decision is a new doorway to greatness, if we chose to turn what is in front of us into greatness. I believe that everyone is destined for greatness and that it is in all of us. What we do with it is what separates us, there are those who never see it and live there live always wishing for more. Then there are those who have it in there grasp but don’t have the patience to walk a few more steps to achieve it and throw it all away with one decision in the wrong direction. Then there are those of us who see it and take it and turn it into everything we ever wanted it to be.
Life has a meaning and it is up to all of us to figure out what are meaning in life is. What kind of mark we will leave on this world, and how we will affect it.
In short everyone has the power to change his future and make something of himself, but he must first chose to see the light then walk toward it.
If you want something you must go out and get it, nothing ever came to those who sat and waited for it to come to them. Greatness isn’t made its found and only when you have found it and used it to your advantage will you make your mark. Everyone has the chance; it is what they chose to do with that chance that shows their true character.
© Copyright 2007 The Don (donb23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1252165-Whats-Your-Legacy--Will-You-Leave-a-Mark