*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255458-Something-Just-For-Me
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1255458
A young girl strikes out to find something that's hers alone...
She was tired of being in her sisters' shadows. It was time that she make a name for heself. Becky was the athlete, Janice was the musician,even the baby had distinguished herself. The dance teacher was still raving about never having seen a three year old with so much natural talent.

There must be something that I can do to stand out. She paced back and forth in her room twirling her waist length red hair. I know, I know, I'll try out for cheeleading.
That will show them. No one has done that yet.


From that moment until the tryouts all she did was practice. She did splits and cartwheels every chance she got. She had her Mom make her the cutest skirt. No one would ever know that her Mom had worn it 20 years earlier.

The day was finally here. She watched all a twitter as the other girls tried out.
There were blondes (lots of blondes) and brunettes but she was the only red head.
She thought to herself that this might be a good thing.

When her turn came she was a stand out. All the other girls were jealous.

"Finally," she said "finally I have something that is mine and mine alone." As she
was being congratulated by the retiring coach she noticed her Mom.

" Mom, I made it, I made it! "

"I know " she said "I'm the new coach."
© Copyright 2007 Rose Praying for Peace (lilwinterrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255458-Something-Just-For-Me