*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1256514-The-Pleasure-on-The-Top
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1256514
Not an opinion on all men, just a creative expression of female emotions.
The Pleasure on the Top

While standing on the platform waiting for my train, I observed a group of Businessmen. They were very typical, I must say, smiling at every attractive woman that walked by. As one of the women joined their group, one of these male charmers standing proud as a peacock in front of his buddies, bestowed upon her pretty little head the most cleaver collection of flatteries. I was sure she was merely an acquaintance, coworker or fellow commuter.
         Men are about as predictable to me as the changing seasons; however their behavior patterns still baffle me. Why is it, for instance that when it comes to women outside of their circle of, “I can have her anytime I want”, they possess Masters Degrees from the University of charm and flattery. But, to the devoted women who live and breathe inside that circle, men become dropouts. They become clueless to even the meaning of such concepts as Romance. All the while their precious mates, (wives or significant others) are the ones who deserve and appreciate most, such daily emotional uplifts. Far more than the female acquaintance, who is probably thinking behind that smile, “what a typical male Bozo?” A man has far more to gain by investing his charming “gift of gab” in the woman who shares his bed, and washes his socks. But the best he can pull out of his backpack for this woman is something her being so special that she should know it automatically without his having to tell her all the time. That’s a good one! Straight from the University textbook.
         While driving in a car once holding hands with a man on top of the gear shift, (my hand on top of his), I asked if his hand hurt in that position. It’s OK, He replied. “The pain on the bottom is worth the pleasure on the top” it was the best line I had heard in my entire life. Of course it was before I was fully in the circle.
         A man thrives on the idea that the women are the weaker sex. Someone should tell him what that means. That she is not as smart as he?  No. That she is not as cleaver? Hardly. That she is not as powerful.  Absolutely not. It means, in my personal opinion of course, that she is more emotionally vulnerable; she needs tender loving care for her love to blossom and grow. Would a man water his neighbor’s garden and neglect his own? No man wants to spend his life with thorns. But if he does not water his rose bush, the blossoms will whither and die, unless of course his neighbor waters it. 
         


© Copyright 2007 Harmony (kjanetlynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1256514-The-Pleasure-on-The-Top