*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1256715-The-Afterlife-or-why-I-created-it
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Religious · #1256715
Religious in nature, personal, and if you're family I'd suggest not stopping in here.
Many years ago, when I was, as the phrase goes “young & dumb,” I created a world that reflected my beliefs.

If you listen to my parents talk, I was never young.

If any of you follow Tanzenlicht , you might have run across a story called "Phil vs. the Afterlife.

This was a story I had helped create long ago for her when we were still IM buddies. I started it, she’d write Phil, and M joined in on the fun because I’d already done what M & I were rapidly calling “dead stories”, in which the main character starts out dead, with her.

This is something we did with Tanzenlicht’s character Phillip Russel.

All three of us love Phil.

I created this “world” based on a theory I had. This theory was that although many different religions existed, they all stemmed from one, original belief. I also, personally, felt that there was no “one true way” for any person.

If we were created to be each individual, no two of us the same, why must our beliefs and feelings then be the same? I don’t believe that. We are multi-faceted people, created to be different, expected to not be model copies of our parents, or anyone else, why should we religiously be the same?

One man can pray in church, and one man can pray at home, is either of them wrong? If one man uses the words “Our Father” and one uses “God”, are they wrong? Why then is it wrong when someone prays to “The Gods” or to “Goddess”?

What if everyone is right?

Thus grew my afterlife.

I have not incorporated many religions in its creation. In fact, I’m mostly playing with a twisted alternate (well I like how it works, but…) reality, involving many ideas taken from biblical/Christian literature and discussion.

If you read any stories in the afterlife that I have created, please keep an open mind regarding the content.

I have spent over 8 years developing this “world”, nothing is ever written in stone, and yes, I do think that Jesus is gay.

Why else would he surround himself with men and offer them his body and blood? I think Judas was just jealous he wasn’t the only one. -_^

Stormlyht Evergreen

P.S. If Christian religion is the only way, I know I’m going to hell. Leave no flames for me here, I’ll get them later.
© Copyright 2007 Stormy is Editing (stormlyht at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1256715-The-Afterlife-or-why-I-created-it