*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257072-Morality-Best-form-of-Government
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1257072
How morality can help to establish a good government for the masses?
“Morality: Best Form of Government”

         “No system of power can replace morality, which is necessary in any human society.” ¬--- Any society needs Morality.” 
         Those were quite meaningful words from Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, what he had said are actually true. In a society, if the leader doesn’t show morality in any f his actions and/ or decisions, the people whom he governs will be against him and some maybe will follow his footsteps and do what he does. In relation to this, I took some words form Dag Hammarskjöld;

         “You cannot play with the animal in you without becoming wholly animal. He who wants to keep his garden tidy doesn’t reserve a plot for weeds.

         I would also like to discuss some of my observations from before until now that is related to our new technologies at home. On typical nights, television networks run show after show of Police activities, social problems, sexual problems, perversion.
         For example, on a Christmas Eve, a married couple separates after a fight; there’s a drunk in bar menacing people with a broken bottle; a priest is killed viciously in a church; a drunken driver is there; there’s a stripper; six other killings; and more than a half doze wounding.
         If you’d be more conscious about the children around you, you will notice that they spent most of there time in front of the television than in any other things. Last season, television showed the rape f a housewife, the story of a prostitute’s life and emotions, and on homosexual couple living together--- topics that were unmentionable on the air not long ago. The morning and afternoon “soap operas” of the 70’s, 80’s and until today continue to mirror a version of the typical life of people that includes abortion, premarital sex, extramarital relationships, blackmail, murder, drugs, wiretapping, and embezzlement.
         Violence is so much a part of television’s simulated “real life,” and that “heavy TV watchers” were no longer shocked or horrified by violence….
         It will be difficult for those children who are raised in this era when they reach adult life to be decision-makers          about right and wrong, because they have been without guidelines. They will have no idea what moral concepts are all about.
         If our leaders are like that, I could already say that we are living in the kingdom of sin and death where Satan is the king…….
         

© Copyright 2007 Crislangbayan (naitx1989 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257072-Morality-Best-form-of-Government