*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257344-Culture
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lauren
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Cultural · #1257344
fears of moving into a different culture
Warm in her bed. Cuddled within blankes like a child cuddles with his mother. Sleeping is a gift, especially when you sleep all through the night. And then you have the dreams. Best part about sleep. But unfortunatly, Liz could not say that.
Liz was sleeping peacefully in her room when suddenly she felt cold. A breeze woke her up from her sleep. Liz was hungary, and when she woke up, she planned to go downstairs and get some of her mothers warm buscuit. But when she opened her eyes, she noticed she was not in her room. Her eyes widened with fear. She knew she was not at home, she wasn't in the city, jeez, she didnt even think she was in the country! Her heart was starting to pound so fast, she thought it was going to come right out of her chest. Then, she felt someone kick. It was a women. The women as speaking to her in a language she had never heard before.
All Liz could do was run. Run until her feet could not take her any further. Then, Suddenly, she noticed she had ran right into a park. She saw kids drinking out of bags with straws in them and women with ribbons in their long braids. Then that when it hit her like a like a rock, she was in Mexico!
She couldnt be in Mexico. She didnt know the language, the culter, the people of the place. She needed to find someone who knew English and fast. But where will she find one? What if she talks to someone and they think she's insulting them or what she accidently does something that disrespects their culter?

Being in another country can be hard, and it can be very risky. Yet, so many immigrants come from China, Japan, Vietnam, Russia, Mexico. And all those people come to share a culture with us. America was build apon Immgrants and the culture they brought and keep bringing to us teaches us helps us appriciate and understand each other alot better.
© Copyright 2007 Lauren (valisca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257344-Culture