*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257787-Before-I-Lay-My-Muzzle
by hachjo
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #1257787
The journey of the Tibetan Mastiff




As I lay my muzzle upon you for the last time...

You seem to know my story, how I arrived at the place we met.  A story well told by those whom you encountered on your journey.  I come from tall mountains with crumbling paths, waterways that divide souls and man.  I have known your ancestors, men on horses with wars to wage.  I have walked with man along roads not known and felt the breath of the beasts you fear.  I have come to know your kind and stood guard to protect your cause.  Your temples my resting ground.  My call your warning.  I am known as Do Khyi. 

I have traveled through many moons to find you.  You called and I came, crossing foreign waters.  I have come to know man’s fists, their  words, and anger yet my journey unwavering for your calls..  It began at man’s bars, you an outsider looking in.  Yet among all of the dark moments your soul came to  mine.  Do Khyi, your friend. 
                                                                     

We have ascended the mountains, crossed the lines that divide man and rested in a place you call home.  Under the skies of free birds we played.  Over the dirt of passed man we walked, and under the lights of the universe we rested.  Your call was my plan.  We have looked out to the horizons and found an answer.  You measure time on man’s watch, but I measure it with the winds that are forever passing.

Save your tears for man, for it is  his kind that has yet to learn, to know the teacher, for it is this knowledge your heart now knows and your soul embraces.  Now my story continues on a different plain.  Grief not, for we will always to walk together.  My prints your path.                    


Your friend

Do Khyi
© Copyright 2007 hachjo (bronteb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257787-Before-I-Lay-My-Muzzle