*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258080-The-Forsaken
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1258080
Ch:1 The girls' family trip becomes more than they bargained for
May 20
Tomorrow, Acacia and I will be boarding a cargo ship that is headed to the Bahamas. We shall be visiting Aunt Marci who lives in one of the new colonies. "Freedom" (the ship) is taking a ship full of supplies for her colony. I haven't seen Aunt Marci for a long time. Acacia and I are sure to have a grand time!

May 25
The voyage is already half way over! I do like sailing in this ship, but I can't wait to get on firm ground again. Acacia and I have made friends with all of the animals on deck. And of course His Highness the Prince thinks himself to good to make friends with the other dogs. There are are cows, pigs, chickens, and horses on "Freedom". This ship also carries bolts of cloth, tools seeds, and foods such as spices, flour sugar, salt, and pepper.

May 28
The captian tod us that we are ahead of schedule and should arrive tomorrow instead of the 30! I am worried though, because there are dark clouds piling up on the horizon. I was told that the wind is blowing away from us, so we don't have to worry, but I still am. Acacia says that the animals seem very agitated this afternoon. I wonder why?

May 29
Now I know why the animals were so agitated yesterday. The wind changed direction last night and the waves were soon frightening. They still are! Oh, the storm is getting worse and worse. I hope no harm comes to us or the ship. Oh my! these waves are frightening! Land has just been sighted! Dear me, I hope there aren't any protruding rocks. Oh my!

After these words had been written, the notebook and pencil flew across the room with everything else in the cabin.
© Copyright 2007 QT Wizard (tirsa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258080-The-Forsaken