*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258328-Friends
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #1258328
The story that i am about to pen is the story of friendship
    She stood on that frozen pond early winter with tears on her soft rosy cheeks. She stood there on that very spot when she first met her. They used to be so close but what changed she was still not sure.Just staring at that spot,16 years ago was her who sat there and cry. "I guess the table had turn", she said wiping her tears. All she wish for now is that no one will catch her crying not even Eric, her boyfriend.To build a friendship there must be trust, love and understanding but all you need to destroy one is with doubt and hatred.A sixteen years of friendship just collapse after one tiny argument.
    It was the summer holiday for Kristy when she came back from the state university.She was so looking forward to enjoying after suffering so much during her finals.What she was mostly excited about was meeting up with her best friend, Maggie.Maggie did not get accepted in the university as she prefer working as a chef.Maggie's heritage was "Parson's diner", originated from England.That diner have been more than a hundred years old.It once, belong to her ancestor Parson.Plus, Maggie's cooking was better than Kristy's mum.Maggie didn't regreat being a chef because she is talented.
    "Oh my!!!What a surprise", laughed Maggie when she saw Kristy standing in the kitchen early in the morning.They huuged and decided to celebrate Kristy's homecomming in a local restaurant near the beach. "I actually applied for pastry school but my mum was sick and no one took care of the diner so i let that chance go", started Maggie when i asked her about her aplication.She was so excited about that aplication but to let it sliped away is a waste."I'm sorry to hear about your mum", said Kristy. There were moments of silence as both of them actually reflects what they did for the 1 whole year. "Hey Kris, can i ask you something?",asked Maggie.She sounded so tense and serious. Kristy nodded.
    "Where were you all this time?", aksed Maggie. "What do you mean,where am i?You know where i am.", answered Kristy."No,Kris where were you when i need you?I know that you have a boyfriend but what happend to our frindship?",asked Maggie. "Mags,university life is very much diffent than high school...we have assignment and...",said Kristy but wasinterupted by Maggie. "I know that it is different but what about us?Ever since you've been there,we hardly talk and you missed out a lot",said Maggie. "What do you mean?",asked Kristy. With this sentence, it was clear that Maggie was hiding something. There were tears in Maggie's blue eyes and she said, "You were not here, Kris". Kristy is the person who hated people who twist their words and it just made her so angry. "I am always here for you.F.Y.I, you are the one who is not here when i need you", cried Kristy. "Don't cry,Kristy",said Maggie. "No!!Maggie all you can do is accusing me tell me when i was not there when you needed me?", she said in a harsh tone.
    There were moments of silence. "When my mum died", answered Maggie with It does not matter anymore because she is gone and ....",Maggie could not finished the sentences. Another silence."You were drunk,Kris.Your roomate and ....you are wasting yourself and i am worry", said Maggie. It was true what Maggie said. Kristy was always out partying and drunk. Life was upside down and most of what was going on did not mean anything to her not even Mrs Parson's death. That night she recieved a call from Maggie but she was so drunk that she thought that Maggie was playing a trick on her. "Fine!!I am not a good friend.Go and find a new one then!!!",fumed Kristy and ran away.She ran home and ran her heart out.
    So weeks passed by and the two best friends did not contact each other.Summer was over and autumn came.Kristy went back to the university while Maggie fell in love with the boy next door.It was early December when Maggie recieved a phone call from Kristy's mother. "Kristy died last night", that sentence kept repeating over and over again in Maggie's head. Kristy comitted suicide just after breaking up with her boyfriend.In her diary,she stated that there is no one else left in the world after the boyfriend.She is so lonely and that all she want was to end her life.Her boyfriend found her in the toilet in her apartment with pills and a razor blade with blood lying on the floor. The funeral was held at Kristy's home and Maggie just stood on that frozen pond after the service.If only she could have the gut to pick up the phone and call her and say sorry,Kristy will still be alive. "Babe, you ok?",aksed a voice from behind. Maggie nodded but deep down she was so sad that she thinks that she would do the same if Eric leave her.
© Copyright 2007 chihuahua (mermaidgal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258328-Friends