*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258385-Dust-Devil-Whirlwind
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1258385
A picture painted by words of selfish love.
Lost in a whirlwind of mood.
My feelings for you are trapped behind images of demons, and the echoing voices of my own pain. A beautiful picture of love and commitment is now covered in vomit and mud. It has been exposed to the cruelty of my tortured state. Weathered by my constant rain of anger, and impatience. Beaten into the ground by my violent thoughts and words.
A picture of palms in the sun swaying to loves beautiful wind.
Clear blue waters so pure they were once a healing to our bones. The vivid colors now blackened by suet. Flames of my disrespect have seemed to have consumed it. Yet a remnant remains, a page of guilt and worry. a page once aflame extinguished by the water of your tears. Discolored with stains of blood.
As I am yet beholding another mural emerges not to bring comfort or peace. Rather a desolate battlefield . Wounded and dead scattered before me. No more than the angels of discord singing and dancing in the broad-ways. No victory horn only the piercing scream of your heart. Echoing the pounds of my fists upon my chest.
No sunlight just gray. Cinder blocks of emotion stacked upon the other. Formed barriers that did not protect, but rather buckled neath the storm of warriors ready to fight.
The lack of sustenance famished our will to continue on. We have collapsed.
My apologies o loyal beauty. For as a whirlwind I came to be with you. As a whirlwind I have swept and whipped you about.
Shook your world, and scattered your emotional belongings.
Now I'll leave for the sun to engulf you in it's rays, and soon all the pain will go away.
© Copyright 2007 STR82DASKY (str82dasky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258385-Dust-Devil-Whirlwind