*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258641-Only-You
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1258641
Simply put this is about the same one who broke my heart to inspire "tonight"
Each night I close my eyes and dream of the day when time was on my side, the way it felt before my soul died. When I believed in only good my life was going just as it should. Days when we were together everything was fine; all the nights you held me I knew you were mine. I never knew it could end so fast, those days now locked in the past. Through the years I’ve wished you were here, days long gone feel so near………..near to my heart near to my soul I cling to the memories when I should let go.
Every day something reminds me of you, a song the radio plays takes me back to endless nights and fun filled days. The way you hung on every word I’d say, you’d laugh at all my stupid jokes; I’d tingle with each word you spoke. Calloused hands would touch my skin, so tell me when did all this end?
Looking back I try to see when it was you stopped loving me. Was it the night of our first fight, remember when we yelled all night? But then as the sun came up holding each other we quietly declared our love. That couldn’t be it so when could it be; my eyes are wide open so why can’t I see?
Is there something inside my heart is blocking? I don’t recall when we stopped talking. Maybe you were never really there; maybe our lives were never shared. Could all this pain just be in my mind, or did you move on and I’m left behind…………….left behind to morn for you, no I just can’t believe that to be true.
Only you, I lived for only you. You can’t be gone because I still need you. Please let me see you drive down my street, and then as you slow our eyes will meet. As we connect once again it will be like it was when we began. Bring back to me my heart that you walked away with, it can be a whole new start. Bring me back my reason to live. My hearts still yours it’s not mine to give. Not that I would ever again, please give it back let my healing begin. I can’t look at anyone else and not see your face, all this pain not even time can erase. I know this because it’s tried, I know because inside I’ve died.

© Copyright 2007 Kirstie Rae (kirstierae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258641-Only-You