*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259212-winders
by onewho
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1259212
Was this my idea?!
Winders….By Onewho          

         Every thing starts with an idea. Around here it is usually Sweetie’s
idea. And she convinces me was really my idea, and then I jump right on it, telling her what a great idea this is, and I’m glad I thought of it and all.
She says “you are so smart” I say “yes I am.” And off we go!
This one started with windows; or as we say down here, “Winders.”

So the big winder in front is falling apart, glazing, wood, sill and all.
She plants the idea that a big time remodeling guy like me should be able to whip it back into shape right quick.
Now “we” decide that all of the winders need to be done, 12 of them.
“We” think wrapping the trim in aluminum would save future maintenance.
Also the roof trim, soffet and fascia should be scraped and painted; “we” think.
While we are thinking and working along these lines, the ole gal from across the street wanders over.
She needs the same thing done to her house so “we” tell her that I will give her a price on the job tomorrow.
“We” also remember an entry door that someone wants a price for priming and painting.

And our dentist, who wants a bid on a wheel chair ramp for his office, so that he will be handicapped accessible.
“We” are ambitious! No?!.........
“We” have some plans about what we could spend the money on by doing these jobs and everything.

I am just so smart, she is right, I am………Thanks…..Onewho
© Copyright 2007 onewho (onewho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259212-winders