*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259327-We-Dont-Wish-You-Were-Here
by Pan
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Comedy · #1259327
Vacations don't always turn out as planned...
Tommy Henderson
678 N. Hastings Drive
Williamston, MD

Dear Cal,
         You were right about this vacation; Pam and I really needed to get away for the week, and it was wonderful of you to let us use your condo and car. I don't care what Pam says about you, you'll always be my favorite brother-in-law!
         Anyway, the reason I'm writing is to ask you about your car insurance policy. Don't worry, nothing's happened! Of course we wouldn't let anything happen (how could you think that?), but we just like to be prepared in case of an emergency. You've seen Pam drive; you know what I'm talking about! I swear, that girl gets into more accidents! You should see our insurance rates, really: sky-high! Geico won't even answer my calls anymore!
         The sea is beautiful, just beautiful! I'd really like to get the kids up here sometime when they're a little older. Pam and I went yesterday to go look at the yachts that were docked in the harbor. They sure were beautiful and awfully sturdy. We became quite attached to one in particular, and actually, we talked to a man about possibly purchasing part of it (I was thinking the starboard side). Some of those yachts were parked very close to the dock, which actually turned out to be a good thing. You see, this poor slob who was there at the same time we were parked on the dock and forgot to put on the parking break. The car slid right off the dock and into the harbor! It would've gone in if it hadn't had hit one of those yachts! You should have seen that poor jerk! I would not want to be in his shoes right now, no siree. Especially after his wife got done with him. I bet you that guy's gonna be sleeping on the couch for a couple of months! It wasn't really his fault though; it could've happened to anybody. So, that's why we were concerned about the car insurance. We just wanted to be precautious. I would not want to end up like that guy at the harbor.
         Well, thanks again! We should be back in a couple of days. Kiss the kids for us!

Your loving brother-in-law,

Tommy

P.S. Do you Scotchgard your car seats?   

Word Count: 363
© Copyright 2007 Pan (panhandle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259327-We-Dont-Wish-You-Were-Here