*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259719-Good-intentions-with-nasty-consequences
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Other · #1259719
Even in the happiest of times when you have it all your mind is not satisfied.
Oh dear boy, are you letting this get to you?
Oh damn right it is,
And kitchen sheers and razor blades will be his cliché catalyst to destroying this masterpiece.
Words being his only release and as beautiful as you appear he'll never let you make them fade.
And silence may become us but he won't let the same be said for him. This is all that he has.
And this path has never seemed longer as it twirls in circles around such familiar scenery.
Curtains collapse for only his eyes to see and feel how empty this is going to get.
Good intentions slip further into failed attempts at what is going on here and what we tried to do.
No more regret.
It's past the point of ever getting that back and it's with conclusion that there is no more to be known and his lips meet blank stares counting down the time till their next cigarette.
And all in his heart he knows these are just empty threats said after exposing the bottom of a bottle.
Curse this breath, seek unto yourself, wait here and find your answers, son.
Never let go of love or fall to emptiness.
In your last attempts at this how do you plead?
Silence in waiting seems the best idea and she only too heartily agrees.
Surely he knows what he's saying?
What he is doing?
How on earth did he let it get this far?
He simply stares, for once apologies and faults not his own.
© Copyright 2007 C. R. Bartley (anendtoconfer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259719-Good-intentions-with-nasty-consequences