*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1260177-Time
Rated: ASR · Sample · Writing · #1260177
Trying to develop conversations in my writing. Mainly just practicing.
“Time, where has it gone said Steve with a look of frustration.” “Nowhere” said Jen, “time has always been here.” Steve just gave her a stare knowing she was just trying to be a smartass. Quietly he gave it a long thought pondering if she really had something going in what she said. Time as we know it has always been based on us revolving around the sun and spinning on our axis but what really is time? Does the rest of the universe subscribe to our notion of clocks and sundials? If so, do they celebrate the annual landmarks of time? Birthdays, seasons, death and taxes seem to dictate our basis of time. What if time stopped? Would we stop and cease to exist or would we keep on going? “Steve” yelled Jen as he had this blank look on his face. “The mall is going to close if you keep wasting our time sitting here.” Quickly he finished his meal and they left in hopes to beat the clock.
© Copyright 2007 firedog (firedog23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1260177-Time