*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261538-The-American-Flag
by Dlephi
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1261538
Won 1st place in a state essay contest
         When I see the American flag rippling in the wind, with its blood-red stripes and gleaming white stars on their deep blue field, I feel awe within me, a sense of respect for all it has come to stand for.  Never have I looked upon the American flag without honor, nor have I regarded it in poor esteem.

         As the symbol of my country waves proudly overhead, I ponder its inspirational power.  Merely a glimpse of this simple cloth pattern can move countless men and women to tears.  Our national anthem was composed out of relief and joy at the sight of its brave display.  There is seemingly no reason for emotion on account of this red, white and blue fabric.  I believe that the flag derives its power to inspire from the values it stands for and the people that labor to uphold those values.

         Ultimately, I feel pride.  Pride in the nation that has fought for and won its freedom.  Pride in the American people, who together have overcome numerous difficulties to remain as one nation, under God.  Pride in the country that is free for all people, regardless of color, creed, or language.  Pride in the ones who fight still today to protect America, though they endanger their lives to do so.  Pride in the land I will always call home.
© Copyright 2007 Dlephi (ebbuttercrunch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261538-The-American-Flag