*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261846-A-Short-Political-Essay
Rated: E · Essay · Cultural · #1261846
A short essay about George Bush's Administration and the Lebanon-Israel War.
This is a short Political essay or rant, if you prefer, about how the US controls other countries through economical dependency or military action. This Essay comes from a common man who was at Lebanon-Israel month war in the 2006 Summer and had to leave Lebanon with Mexico's embassy help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a common thing for a man to be Paranoic about his surroundings, and question everything that happens in his surroundings. But, up to what degree the answers that come to the human head are true?

After being in a bus for 36 hours straight, trying to escape the war and find a way back to Mexico, I was in such a state of shock that I couldn't believe what I had been through. It was such a horrible experience, and a traumatic one to experience something as terrible as a war, even worse to be in the middle of it. Paranoic, without the single idea where the Israelis are going to bomb next, with fear of going outside of your own home, even for food and supplies, you begin to think of the most irrational explanations of what's the true source of the war and why it has been raging for so long, no matter the human loses.

I came to several conclusions, none seemed to be logical after I drawed them out again, such as the Israelis wanting to end the tourism in Lebanon, maybe stop the economical development that Lebanon was having. Or, maybe, Israel was really striking Lebanon for the causes that had been stated earlier (The 2 soldiers kidnapped by Hezbollah, and 8 others killed). But, if that had been true, why strike against the innocent people of Lebanon? Why leave more than 700 dead, and even 1/3 of those that died were little Children. After the war, even the Israeli goverment came to the conclusion that they had only killed 150-250 Hezbollah Members, wich it's hardly a scratch on it's 15,000 total members.

The real truth about the happenings of war can only be theories, but the mostly used theory is the Good vs. Evil Principle, in wich the media puts in the minds of people whose the good and whose the evil. In this case, the media decided to make of Israel the Good group, that does his actions for the best of his people, etc, etc. And Hezbollah, the Evil group, that Kidnapped those men for no reason at all!

Now, what the media left out, is that Israel kidnapped some Hamas members ( Four members if I remember correctly ), so Hamas kidnapped Israeli Soldiers as a kind of Vengeance, let's say, against Israel. So, Israel decides to wage a war against the Gaza Strip, just as a pretext for fighting the Hamas group. From there, it all went straight down, and Hezbollah Kidnapped the Israeli soldiers just to get some pressure off from the Hamas group.

So, the truth is that Israel started the war by doing evil deeds in the Gaza territory and the Main stream media had lied about this, saying that Hamas was the group that started the war.

All the while, the US had been backing Israel from the start, even providing them with weapons, such as the Ballistic missiles, which there are proofs that israel used the Ballistic missiles on a Muslim Village south of Lebanon.

So, what will the US win by letting Israel wage the moth war? Oil, Maybe? Nah, there are no important Oil reserves in Lebanon. Power over the Middle East? Maybe, because Israel is only a developed country because of the US.

Well, leaving the Israel-Lebanon month war, I think I should change the subject to the Iraq war, since it just hasn't stopped, because ever since the US made the Iraqi goverment a Democracy, different religious groups have been fighting for each other politic groups, such as bombing markets, buses, etc.

Why is this happening? Because there are two major branches inside the Islamic religion. The Sunnis and the Shia (The Shia being the most extremist of both). So, what does this have to do with Iraq? Well, One political party is lead by the Sunnis and the other one by the Shia.

As you see, having democracy in Iraq hasn't helped, instead it has been a terrible mistake to put it as the goverment from in Iraq. And now, Iraq is Close to a Civil war, all because, as many say, Bush wanted the Oil.

Maybe it's all about the Oil, but maybe it's because the Bush familiy had a unfinished business with Saddam? That's another possibility wich isn't far from the truth.

Well, leaving the wars behind, this Essay (Or rant) was just a way of breathing fresh air and leaving all that I was feeling in war territory behind. This wasn't written by a muslim fanatic or someone who simply hates the US goverment. It was written by an 18 year old, Chatolic boy who was unfortunate for having his holidays ruined and for having experienced war, a true curse for humanity.
© Copyright 2007 CobraSpy (cobraspy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261846-A-Short-Political-Essay