*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262119-Vengeance
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Occult · #1262119
Contest entry for writers cramped.
I looked out through the window. The rain was still pouring down against the pane, but it was starting to ease up. I watched a flyer of some sort caught in the wind.

"Excuse me sir! Mr Parker? Sir?", the waiter finally caught my attention.

"Huh?!"

"Would that be all, Mr Parker"

"Yes. Thank you Pedro. I can pay now"

I was a regular at Big Jim's Steakhouse. I always ordered the same meal. A 2 pound T-bone steak with fries and salsa. To drink I always had a bottle of the house red wine. I was a big man with an even bigger appetite. I have always been overweight for as long as I can remember. I have a, not so flattering, pear shaped body and when I walk I move forward in a wobbling stride. Sort of like a penguin.

This made me an easy target in school. It seemed like every one bullied me. Even the ones being bullied themselves. I always consoled myself with sweets and greasy food. It was an never ending evil circle I got myself into. For every clever remark or nickname and for every nasty prank I would go home and stuff my self with sugar and fat. Which meant that I grew bigger and bigger. For every pound I gained I also seemed to gain an new bully. I never felt like I belonged. Not ever, not anywhere.

I payed my bill and left the restaurant. The rain had stopped now, but new heavy clouds were blowing in. I decided to take the shortcut through the park since I had left my umbrella at home. It was pitch dark on the little path, but I knew it inside out, every little root and stone. Halfway through I got an unsettling feeling that I was being followed. I turned around and caught a glimpse of a shadow passing over the path from left to right. I felt very uneasy and slowly backed off keeping my eyes to the right where I suspected the person following me would be. Suddenly a branch broke to the left. I instinctively turned around and just as I did this the man leaped upon me from behind. I fell over. He held me down and I felt a sting in my neck. Everything went dark.

When I woke up I was in my own bed. Just a bad dream I thought to myself. I slowly got of  the bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and was stunned at was I saw or rather at what I didn’t see. I couldn’t see my own reflection. I felt my face and looked down at my body. I was cold, very pale and slender. I realized what it was that had attacked me in the park – a vampire. It was not a bad dream it was a real life nightmare.

I started to get hungry, very hungry. Usually I’d fetch a bag of chips or some meat from the kitchen, but that was not what my body was demanding now. No, now it was craving human blood. I felt nauseous. It was not the idea of drinking blood from another human. That appealed to me. It was the circumstances of how I was going to get it. I had never hurt even a fly in my life and now I was going to have to attack innocent people just to quench my own thirst for blood. I was in agony.

I went back in to the bedroom. There neatly fold on my dresser was a black suit. I put it on. My strength started to return. I moved fast and swiftly. I agile and full of confidence, I was a vampire. I now knew on what I would feast.

I went out into the night. I found my down to the local youthclub and it didn’t take me long to find my first victim. I knew these people almost better than I knew myself – the bullies.

word count:673
© Copyright 2007 JokernTP (jokerntp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262119-Vengeance