*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262441-Heron
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1262441
the beauty of a lost creature Its real short and my first one so tell me how i can improve
As I approached the greenway, I beheld an alluring creature. A heron stood in the reeds of the river. Her head held with angelic arrogance;lifted toward her home. I felt uneasy running by her territory. I felt it uneasy disturbing the only true nature she had left.This river, which she named home, served as the only good that lasted. Our leaders insisted on new mega-stores and pizza places. Where was this creature allowed? She stared in my face. A harsh sensation filled my stomach. My breath was taken from me and only then did I realize my position. I stood on the bank staring right back into those deep holes. I stood bewitched by this poor wretch of a creature. "Oh loathsome world! How many lives have you taken?"
            In a moment she was gone; a dark shadow that pressed against the grey sky. She blended into the clouds only as a blur as the rain started fanning to the ground. Seconds, or was it minutes passed as I watched; intrigued by this broken animal fly to a forgotten home. Then I knew.
© Copyright 2007 Hadassah (anejr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262441-Heron