*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262605-Writings-of-a-Teenage-Girl-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1262605
Another important chapter of my life.
“Stacey’s pregnant.”
“What? Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” A warm embrace; the warmth and wetness of tears; those few words changed our lives forever. My best friend’s 16 year old sister was pregnant. She was Mormon; she once had standards. How could this have happened?
Over the next months, as we waited for the time when the baby would be born, Heather told me the story. Stacey was never really strong in the church. She was pressured by her parents; forced to attend meeting. Stacey did the only thing she felt she could; she rebelled. She took her younger sister, Heather, to parties where they watched rated R movies. They played strip poker. Heather left the room when they did these things, and because she loved her older sister and knew that she was trusted, Heather never told her parents what her sister was doing. Stacey met Kyle, and they began dating before age sixteen. She snuck out of the house at night. Heather would often wake and realize that the room they shared was void of her sister. Beginning of the summer of ’05, Heather found out her sister was pregnant.
“It’s my fault.” She said, confiding in me.
“No, it’s not. Don’t say that. Don’t even think that. You loved and trusted your sister; how could you have known she would make the choice she did?” My words comforted her; just as a summer ago, her own words had helped me on a certain bus ride. I returned the favor, and still do. That experience, her sister getting pregnant, is what brought Heather and I together to become the sisters we are today. I love her with all my heart. Little Addie, Heather's niece, was born in February of 2006; healthy, amazing, and with the healing power of a child come straight from the arms of God. Everything will work out in the end; but it takes a lot of patience, understanding, and healing.

~This took place through September of 2005 and February of 2006~
© Copyright 2007 wordkrzychik (word_crazy101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262605-Writings-of-a-Teenage-Girl-2