*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263228-The-Standoff-Snipet
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1263228
Part of my story. Remember while you read that the characters have already been introduced
The air outside was cold and brisk. She shivered as it cut through her clothes and smothered her skin.
          A black car sat outside the house, waiting to take her away.
          Gabe opened the back door. Brian grabbed her shirt collar to throw her in.
          “Hold it.”
          Surprised, the 3 of them turned. Another man stood against the darkness. Flashlight blinding them all, gun aimed.
          “Back away from the car, and let the girl go.”
          Immediately Brian did as asked and Melissa ran to the stranger.
          “Max,” she whispered when she was close enough to see his face.
          He grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him.
          “I said get away from the car!” Max yelled.
          Brian stood between the opened door and the cars interior, shielded by the tinted window. Gabe stood frozen by the driver side door.
          “I’m not sure that’s the best idea, at least until we know who you are,” Brian said.
          “I’m not telling you a damn thing! Now back away.”
          “I think you have the wrong idea son. Me and my partner here are cops. I can show you my badge,” Brian reached for his coat pocket.
          “Don’t do it!” Max ordered.
          Brian put his hands up in retreat.
          “Alright,” he slowly lowered his arms. “You can come grab it for yourself.”
          Brian snuck his hand behind his back and grabbed the gun handle under his jacket. He slipped the weapon out of his buckle and slowly raised it. He held it behind the darkened window.
          “I’m not moving! Just back away from that car and get down on the ground!” Max shook the gun as a threat.
          “What ever you say,” Brian laughed. He took a step forward and whipped the gun over the window.
          Two, three shots as both guns fired.
          A gun hit the soft snow.
          Melissa grabbed the sides of Max’s jacket, ducking below his shoulders. Her eye’s shut tight.
          What the?
          Her eyes opened slowly as she held out her hand.
          A dark liquid covered her fingers. Melissa took a step backward. Max turned. His handsome eyes met hers. She scanned down his shirt.
          Two holes tore throw his jacket, blood trickling from each one.
          He followed her gaze, and began to shake. She grabbed his shoulders as he dropped to his knees. Melissa knelt with him. Tears filled her eyes, her lip trembled.
          Snow crunched.
          Brian stood behind them, gun held by his side. He raised it, resting the barrel on the back of Max’s head.
          “No!” Melissa lunged forward.
© Copyright 2007 BelleFille (lilyofthethorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263228-The-Standoff-Snipet