*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263722-Sometimes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1263722
This is going to (hopefully) be part of a series, from different character perspectives.
Authors notes: hmmm...this I think will be about the relationship between Victor and Carissa. A rocker guy and his band and a cheerleader....who would've guessed.

Sometimes: Part One

"It shouldn't be like this." Said Vic, as he sat down on the hard plastic seat in the hospital hallway.

By all rights, socially, morally, and emotionally it should've been him in the emergency room, recovering from an attemted suicide. Carissa Lakewood always had her head on straight. She was motivated, smart, funny, and beautiful, in short she was the perfect girl. The year wasn't even half over yet and she had offers from college's that he couldn't even think of attending. She was an all star cheerleader, state basketball player, and on top of it all a straight A student. And the night before she had tried to kill herself.

He didn't even know why he was there. They used to be best friends, and as the years went by and their intrests differed, they drifted apart. They still talked, went out, and had their fun. Yet at the end of the day they lived in two completely different worlds. He in his world of loud music and stage lights, her in her world of gym floors, and academics.

He heard the news that morning from another one of the cheerleaders. All day he couldn't focus. The day seemed to crawl by, and when the last bell finally rang he got to the hospital as fast as he could. The doctors wouldn't let him in to see her, and that made the waiting even more unbearable.

As he sat there he started remembering the times he had with her. They had both shared their first kiss with each other when they were each about thirteen. He sighed as his mind drifted back to that memory. It seemed so very long ago, back when things made a little more sense than they do now.

She had always wanted her first kiss to be special. She kept on talking about it, and finally he hatched a plan for her. After pleading and begging his parents he finally was allowed to take her to go see a movie she said she'd like to see. After sitting through the horribly boring movie, and sharing a bag of oversalted popcorn. They were walking through the promenade with their half eaten ice cream, he turned to her and asked, "Was this special?"

"Huh?" She replied, her face wrinkling up in a confused face.

"Was this special?" He repeated, moving closer to her so their shoulders almost touched. "You always said you wouldn't kiss someone unless it was special."

"Oh," She gasped as she realized what he had meant, "I meant I had to be with someone special before I would kiss them."

"I'm with someone special." He said softly, almost tripping over his words.

"So am I." She said after a little pause. Then she reached up on her tiptoes and planted a light kiss on his lips.

The following moments were so akward that all they could do was stand in the middle of the promenade and stare at their ice cream. That day would stand in Vic's memory as one of the happiest days of his life. Akward moments and all he would always treasure the girl that he had shared so much with.

The opening of the door behind him sapped away the warmth of that memory, and replaced it with the reality of the cold hospital hallway. "Excuse me sir, are you family?" Asked the nurse in a soft voice.

"Uh no, c-can I see her?" He replied, even though he knew the answer.

"No sir I'm afraid I can't allow that, only family."

"Please nurse let me in."

"No, listen I'm sorry...."She trailed off as she was about to say something else, then she nodded and said, "alright sir, you can go in."

"Thank you so much." He said, restaining the urge to hug the nurse in front of him.

Apprehension set in as he crossed the doorway into the hospital room. His will broke as he saw her. "Oh Jesus baby I'm sorry."

Authors notes: hmmmm....I liked it, but as I read over it again I realize some holes in it...But those can be fixed later. Part two to come later.
© Copyright 2007 Jayjafreak (jaydinc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263722-Sometimes