*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263812-Data-Corruption-Chapter-4
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Computers · #1263812
Entitled "I Want BladeEdge." DO NOT STEAL. Feel free to critique.
Chapter IV
“I want BladeEdge”

The silence in the hallway of BioTech Industries was suddenly interrupted when the clicking high heels of a woman echoed as she made her way to her employer’s office.
She opened the door to his office and stepped inside.
Her employer stood overlooking the city through his rain covered windows and scowled.
His short orange hair blew with the fan that was going on his desk while his blue eyes reflected his distaste and hatred for the city and the people living in it.
“Greetings Morganna. What exactly is taking you so long to get the data that I want from the CDRA? I thought that you would have it by now.” He said displeased at Morganna’s failure.
She crossed her arm across her chest and bowed to him. “I am sorry Mr. Borin. There have been some unexpected delays in our plan. I am afraid that the operative that we have in the CDRA has been unable to obtain any data on the Pyralis system. I will try my hardest.”
Rupert Borin turned around and gave her a burning glare. “Try? No Morganna. You have been trying for way too long. It is high time for results and not attempts. The Pyralis system that resides in the body of that fool’s son must be studied so that I can equip my Data Corrupts with immunity towards it. I have had enough of that faction’s interference. It is time that they get a taste of what my Data Corrupts are capable of. I want the fool who had the gall to oppose me’s company annihilated. Do you understand Morganna? There is a reason I took the time to smuggle you and that idiot into the CDRA in the first place. Do not let the time I spent come to naught, do you understand me?” he said in a low and angry voice.
Morganna nodded her head in complete submission.
Rupert turned back to the city. “Good. Now, are my new toys ready for activation?”
Morganna raised her head to look at him, her arm still crossed over her chest. “Yes my lord. The Galians and your Wyban assassins are functional and ready to depart at your soonest convenience. Shall I have a few dispatched?”
Rupert smirked. “Yes. Let Jaren’s precious Pure Data Corrupts taste what real anger and loathing tastes like. Once I am sure that they have had a proper introduction to my new toys, I will open up the gates of hell upon those fools. Their precious Data Gunner will be in my hands. He will be under my control and as soon as I posses the infamous ‘Net Monster’ those two will be at the head of my new empire. An empire ruled by my Dark Data Corrupts.”
Morganna gasped at the mention of the ‘Net Monster’ so lightly. “You aren’t seriously going to try and control it are you? Rupert that is suicide! Its body data levels are far beyond any other Dark Data Corrupt this company has produced thus far. Any attempt at trying to contain it may…” her sentence was cut short when Rupert looked over his shoulder at her.
He turned his chair around and sat down in it crossing his legs and clasping his hands together at the knees. He smiled and closed his eyes as he began to speak. “Yes, I know. I am aware of the dangers that beast is capable of. But I am also aware of the power it possesses. Think about it for a second with that tiny little brain God supposedly blessed you with. With its power at my disposal alongside with that other pretty toy that the CDRA has, imagine how quickly the nations of the world will surrender and declare me king in order to prevent any more destruction. It will be a truly beautiful sight. Send two of my Galians to the CDRA’s little “Dragon of Death” and see how he likes to play and while you’re at it have that little moron of an accomplice start to work would you? Do not fail me again Morganna or you will pay dearly.”
Morganna bowed. “Yes sir. It shall be done.” She said and turned to leave.
Rupert turned in his chair to observe the storming skies. “The weather is perfect for the storm that is about to come. Jaren, the empire you tried so hard to stop will come and your precious Data Gunner will be one of those responsible. Rot in your grave knowing that you failed your life’s goal.” He said and laughed.


Ovan awoke to a bright light in his eyes. Everything ached below his neck and his body was hesitant to allow any movement to the tiniest breath. He tried to raise himself only to be stopped by a swift pang of pain that shot through his side.
He quickly fell back to his lying position.
“Good, you’re awake.” A woman’s voice was fuzzy in his ears. “We were able to get you stabilized before something too bad happened.”
Ovan tried to move his right arm only to find it had been placed in a suppressive bind. He lay back down and brought his left hand up to look at it. “What…happened?”
Angeline made her way to his side and shined a flashlight in his eyes to examine their reaction. “We had Kun call you earlier and when you didn’t answer I had Marik go check on you. Be glad we did. Without you conscious the Pyralis system won’t work so your Data Gunner nearly went haywire. It responds to your brainwaves so if there is little to no brain activity then it won’t activate.”
Ovan closed his eyes to reflect on what happened. They then shot back open after he remembered. “BladeEdge.”
Angeline stopped what she was doing and walked back over to him. “What? What did you say?”
Ovan looked at her. “BladeEdge. He bit me again in the same part of my neck. Ugh.” Pain shot through his neck sending him back down.
Angeline quickly removed the bandage on Ovan’s neck and grabbed a cold wet rag and applied it to cool the wound. “Ovan, I’m sorry. What can I do?”
Ovan writhed as his body pulsed with pain. “Nothing…you can not do anything. It will pass, it always does.”
Angeline pressed harder against the bite on Ovan’s neck. “Ovan, I’m going to sedate you. It will allow to rest despite the pain.” She said and took a syringe full of morphine and removed the lid.
Ovan looked at her and then at the needle in her hand. He hated needles. They reminded him too much of when his father used him as a guinea pig for his new Pyralis system. “No. Please. Don’t.”
Angeline petted his hair. “It will be okay. It will help you sleep. I was informed by Marik that you hadn’t been sleeping well. The immunity within your blood needs you to be rested. The stronger it is, the less this wound will bother you.”
Ovan shook his head. He didn’t trust anyone anymore. No one ever gave him a reason to let them into his heart. He then thought of the girl. She had treated him as a human being, a living breathing human being.
He remembered how she had treated his wounds despite seeing the scars upon his eye and body. He relaxed and nodded his consent to Angeline.
Angeline smiled and inserted the needle into Ovan’s forearm.
He cringed against the cold feeling the sedative sent through his veins. He tried to fight going to sleep until he felt Angeline petting his hair.
Drowsily he looked at her. “My…mother…used to do that…”
Angeline nodded. “I know. Jaren told me. I am glad that you are regaining your memories. Do it slowly. Sleep now Ovan. We will talk about what happened later. Right now you need to recover your strength so the Pyralis system can reboot.”
Ovan fought against the drowsiness he felt until he eventually lost to it and fell into a deep sleep.


Bridge choked against the pain from the bite mark in his neck. The ‘Net Monster’ knelt beside him watching as data corruption patches began to form on his new victim’s skin.
He smiled sadistically and brought a razor sharp fingernail to rest on the first patch that appeared on Bridge’s side.
Bridge struggled to look at him but found he could barely move. Pain throbbed through his body. He felt helpless against the infection he could feel destroying his blood cells. His veins felt cold causing his body to shiver against the cold atmosphere around him.
Seeing this, the ‘Net Monster’ released Bridge from his suspended state and brought him to rest against his body to warm him. He smiled sadistically as he held Bridge against him.
Bridge could feel him prying his way into his mind. ‘Don’t worry. The infection has almost taken root within your body. You won’t have to suffer much longer.’
Bridge shuddered at the words he knew to be true. He could feel the corruption in his blood flowing through his body. Tears flowed down his face as he asked. ‘What…do you want…from me?’
Again a fang filled smile made its appearance across the Net Monster’s face. ‘You…I want you to remember this pain and become stronger so that one day we may fight each other. Grow Bridge; become stronger so that we may face each other on the battlefield.’
Bridge closed his eyes as the strength was drained from his body. His will to fight the infection that ravaged its way through his veins had vanished and submission took hold.
Feeling that Bridge had surrendered and fallen unconscious, the Net Monster opened a portal through a computer on Jaren’s desk.
He stepped out onto the tile of the office that Jaren worked in and carried Bridge up the stairs to his room to lay him in bed.
After laying Bridge down, he placed two clawed fingers onto Bride’s forehead to speak into his mind. ‘Hunt me Bridge. Remember this pain and hunt me. All will become clear if you do this.’


Ovan’s eyes shot open at the memory of the first time he was bitten. The effect of the morphine in his body made him feel weak and drowsy. He trembled against the memory of the cold. The bite mark had calmed itself enough to a tolerable level.
Kun walked into the room with a tray of food just as Ovan woke up. “Oh good. Here I thought you got your butt kicked by a little nibble. Glad to see you’re okay.”
Ovan looked at him with aggravation at the ‘little nibble’ comment and decided that in order to avoid shooting Kun, he would ignore him. “What do you want?”
Kun set the food tray down. “To make sure you eat. Angeline said that you had slept for almost three days and that you hadn’t eaten so I brought you this from the cafeteria. Eat up!”
Ovan looked at the food tray. His stomach was growling but he didn’t really want to eat in front of anyone so he just dismissed the idea.
Kun blinked his eyes in confusion. “Something wrong? It really is good and Maria did an excellent job today! C’mon, you can go ahead. I’ve already eaten.”
Ovan tried to ignore Kun but the thundering in his belly wouldn’t let him. He eventually gave in and pulled the tray over to himself and began to nibble on a piece of garlic bread.
Kun smiled. “Good. Now, you might just want to listen to the news I have from Angeline. Our sources tell us that BioTech has just released some new and updated Data Corrupts, no, they aren’t DCs, I dunno what you would call them. Anyway, they are bad news and apparently very strong and possess regenerative capabilities. Anyway, they took down two Pure Data Corrupts yesterday at our training facility. Newbies. Damn.”
Ovan stopped eating and looked at Kun. “How did they get past the security? Our training facilities have the best security in the city.”
Kun shrugged. “That is the mystery. Oh, there is one more thing I am supposed to tell you.”
Ovan’s eyes met Kun’s after the seriousness that suddenly filled the room.
“I am supposed to inform you that he has begun to move.”
Ovan’s fist clinched tightly against his blankets. “What?”
Kun nodded. “Yup. There was another attack at the Londanium Delte Air Base almost two weeks ago. Over four hundred and fifty men were at that base and every last one of them disappeared. The base was completely cleared out by the time we got there. Not one soul was still there, it was like they were all abducted or something. There wasn’t even any sign of a struggle. I’m telling you man, that thing is crazy.”
Ovan lowered his eyes to look at the food tray then at the Data Gunner beneath the restraining module. “There was nothing left?”
Kun shook his head. “It gets worse. Turns out that Borin is trying to find a way to control it. If I ain’t mistaken it was Borin’s predecessor that was killed by that bastard in the first place right? So why the stupidity on Rupert’s part? Makes no sense. None of them makes a damn lick of sense!”
Ovan didn’t respond. Instead he just stared at his right arm. It would not matter anyway. I am not strong enough to face him. How much longer will I allow his killing to continue before I stop it? How long?

“Sir, anti-virus seeker programs are in pursuit. Target is locked.” A computer engineer addressed his commanding officer of the United States Air Flight Base.
“Good. How much longer until we are on its tail?” the commander asked watching a screen that revealed two red dots tracing a large green dot that appeared to be running at an extremely fast speed.
The engineer watched as kiloBites passed over the mini screen. “Quickly. We only need a few more seconds before we’ve caught that bastard red handed.”
The Commander smiled. “Good. This’ll teach that internet monstrosity to play with the United States military. Delete it and destroy any trace of its existence. No way are we going to let those freaks of BioTech have their way.”
The red dots moved quicker with each second as they began to overwhelm their target.


The shadow jumped across data fragments in the computer to avoid its pursuers.
He looked back over his shoulder to see two U.S. military net probes chasing him at an alarmingly high speed. He smiled a wickedly toothy grin.
He suddenly skidded on his heels to a stop and turned to face his enemies. Come get me, you PureBlood fools. He thought and prepared to sprint at his pursuers.
He ran so fast that as he rammed into the first probe it sent an earthquake like fissure throughout the net.


Back in the monitoring room, a sound like thunder echoed through the military’s ears.
They all watched in horror as the probes were torn to shreds and devoured.
Without warning, the room’s power went out.
The commander’s voice rose in the new darkness. “Give me a report people!”
All around him screams of pain echoed throughout the room from his fellow officers.
He began to tremble when his bellows went unanswered. “What the hell has happened in here?”
Sounds of footsteps brought his attention back to his front. “Is that you, Sergeant?” No answer so he asked again. Silence.
He turned to run only to be stopped when he came face to face with none other than the infamous Net Monster himself.
His limbs trembled as he stared shaken at the solid white fangs of the maned wolf. Wires hung from his body snapping with electrical currents. Neon green fibers hung from his wrists and neck radiating the disease that covered his body.
‘Fool. Did you honestly think that such inferior technology to halt me?’ The voice echoed around the room as if the machines were speaking for him.
The commander looked around the room to see who spoke. “How? How could you have? It’s impossible!”
The net monster smiled and stepped forward so that he could look down at the commander face to face. ‘Nothing is impossible. Machinery will reveal my words. It hears me and obeys. You…a mere mortal could never hope to understand its glorious potential.’
The commander backed away until he tripped over a torn wire. He sat trembling as he approached. “P…please….stay back….don’t hurt me! I’ll do anything!”
The shadow smiled its fang filled smile. He grabbed the commander by his neck and pulled him up off of the ground to where he was dangling in mid-air. ‘No commander. There will be no mercy. You were the ones who attacked me. You shall be punished in the most severe of ways.’
Tears flowed down the commander’s eyes as the shadow lowered its dripping fangs to his neck. The shock of the needle-like fangs and the instant burn in the commander’s neck told him that he had been bitten.
He was held there until his eyes became dull as the infection took over and destroyed his blood veins and cells, causing the organs to shut down. With his last gasp of breath he whispered his murderer’s name: Blade…..Edge.
BladeEdge stood over the fallen body. He chuckled and then walked back over to the computer consol.
Holding his fingernails out over the consol, long wires protruded from the tips and entered the USB ports. The computer instantly came to life.
“Please enter clearance codes.” The mechanical voice said.
BladeEdge smirked. “Co….m….pu….ter…..over……ride……In…put….da….ta….Bla….de…Ed…ge.”
His words were fragmented as he spoke with his lips. He then switched to telepathy via the speakers around him. ‘Enter search quarry. Computer override. Data Code, Net Monster BladeEdge.’
The computer’s firewalls broke and shattered as BladeEdge hacked through its security.
‘Enter World Security Identification System. Target search file.’ BladeEdge manipulated the computer’s security, breaking into parts of the system that no usual hacker could.
The computer ran a scramble search. “Enter target name and age.”
BladeEdge lowered his head causing the glows of the computer to illuminate his glasses. ‘Ovan. 21’.
Again, the computer ran the search. “Target unable to be verified. Security lock at level nine security lock. Unable to breach.”
A shocked look fell over BladeEdge’s face. No security had ever been able to block out his body data level before, it was too high. ‘Clever Jaren. Very clever. Too bad you were killed before I was able to do it myself. Very well. Search by location’. He said opening up another search query.
The computer buzzed. “Enter target name.”
“O…v….an.”


Ovan sat in the infirmary staring at his right arm. Why? Why is he? Why did he? He thought recalling the events that had brought him up to this point. He slammed his fist on the table beside him. “Damn it. As it stands, I am not strong enough beat him. I stand no chance. If we fought now, he would rip me apart.”
Angeline entered the room with a new set of bandages. “How are you doing?” she asked setting them down on the bedside table.
She walked around to the right side of the bed and unlocked the binds on Ovan’s right arm.
It pulsed as the Pyralis system repaired the damage as a result of the trauma of the day’s earlier events.
“It looks better. It is almost up to ninety-eight percent repair. It should be better by tomorrow at the latest.” Angeline pulled a syringe out of a white plastic case that she carried with her. It was full of a glowing purple liquid Ovan could only recognize as the Pyralis System. “I need to put this into you. It will help boost the healing.”
Ovan shook as she approached the bite on his neck.
She removed the bandages to reveal the fresh wound. Gently, she inserted the needle into the bite, injecting the Pyralis System into the infection area.
Ovan gritted his teeth against the pain. He knew how slowly the PS had to be applied to its host but it still hurt.
“Sorry Ovan, I know that hurts so much but it is necessary. That should help you recover quicker. Let me know if you feel any discomfort. I will give you some sedative if it gets too painful.” Angeline said applying some new bandages to the wound.
Noticing that he wasn’t saying anything, Angeline sat beside him on a chair. “Ovan, what is it? Tell me, what happened? You have been getting injured quite often.”
Ovan ignored her and turned his attention towards the far wall. BladeEdge. What does he want from me? Why is he hunting me? What…is he?
“Ovan. We just received word that there has been another attack.”
Ovan quickly turned back to her.
“Everyone disappeared from a United States Air Base. There was no sign of a struggle and not even a word from the FBI regarding the situation. We have reason to believe that…it... might be responsible. No one has any reason to deny its involvement but..” her sentence was cut short as Ovan got up from the bed and proceeded to get dressed.
She got up and made her way over to him. “Where are you going?”
“To find him. I need answers and he is the only one who can give them.” Ovan recovered his right arm, replaced his guns and walked out of the infirmary.
Angeline ran to the door in a panic. “Ovan wait! You aren’t strong enough! Please! Ovan!”
He ignored her and continued down the hall. That bastard. Now that he has made his move, it is time for me to make mine. I am going to end this once and for all.


Rupert Borin sat at the lunch table smoking when he was soon joined by another person. “Well, there you are, you worthless fool. Where have you been and where is the data I asked you for?”
The stranger smiled and bowed, placing his hand over his chest. “A thasand pawdons. I was ayut present….indesposed.”
Rupert sent a ring of smoke into the air. “I don’t care about excuses. I want results. Get me what I want and make it quick.”


Ovan walked out into the parking garage underneath the CDRA building.
Upon his approach to his motorcycle, he noticed something white flipping on the seat of his bike. He opened it and began reading,
His eyes widened with shock as he read the words on the paper.

Ovan,

It has been a long time has it not? I know you have been looking for me so let us end this little game and meet before this gets worse than it already has. We will talk about your future my precious toy. Come to the Cyber Café on the corner of fifth and main tonight at seven. We will meet and talk. I look forward to seeing you again. I do hope your bite is not causing you any pain?

B.E.

“That bastard, is he mocking me? Why would he risk being seen in public?” Ovan thought about it as he mounted his bike. A thought struck him as he revved up the motor.
Wait, if he came here and left this note on my seat…it means…he knows where I am. He swallowed the hard lump in his throat. “No. I am not ready to face him. If we fought here and now…I…will not last. Damn him, what does he want with me?”


He watched as the people passed by him with smiles on their faces and lit a cigarette with a sinister smile on his face. Fools. They know nothing of what is happening under their feet. These pathetic Pure Blood mortals know nothing of suffering and pain. He looked up revealing his burnt orange eyes. But…my dear Ovan…how shall we fix that?
His stark purple hair was tied back in a messy pony tail with only a few sprigs falling into his face. His orange glasses glowed with the light of the sun. He wore a pitch black t-shirt with a stark black leather trench coat that had belts falling free from the chest. His pants were loose and black with belts tied around the knees and pockets at the mid-thigh and stitched down the middle with red stitching.
Two young girls that looked like they were still in high school stopped in the middle of their endless chatting to observe him.
A glare sent them on their way. “Foolish mortals.” He said and sent another puff from his cigarette.
A sudden braking of a motorcycle right in front of him brought his attention up from the ground.
Ovan dismounted his bike and walked over to him. “It has been only a few days by the way. What do you want with me?”
BladeEdge threw his cigarette to the ground and stomped it. “You know what I want from you.”
Ovan lowered his head to look at the sidewalk. “Who are you? Why do you try so hard to get my attention? What is it that you want?”
BladeEdge smirked and brushed his purple bangs out of his face. “You really don’t know who I am, do you? I must admit, that is very upsetting Ovan. Oh well, I guess the horrible experiments that were done to you by your own father would have that effect on his son.”
Ovan’s expression turned to a surprised rage. How could BladeEdge, the infamoue Net Monster have known what Jaren had done to him? He pulled his guns out and pointed them at BladeEdge. “Bastard. How do you know that information? Who are you?”
BladeEdge again smirked. “Why my dear Ovan, I am your death.”
Ovan cocked his guns to prepare to fire.
BladeEdge laughed. “You can’t possibly be thinking of using those beastly things here in the open are you? Too many people will get killed, not that I care either way but won’t your boss be rather angry at you?”
“Prepare for destruction you wretched monster. This ends here and now!” he said and began firing his guns with both barrels letting out a barrage of bullets, shattering coffee cups, plates, windows and even hitting people.
With the grace of a serpent BladeEdge dodged every bullet, causing them to stray from their target. He bent his back so that his legs could easily flip over his entire body. He smiled as each bullet grazed passed him.
Ovan stopped in order to reload. He released the empty clips and slammed the butts of his guns to his belt behind his trench coat, cocked them and opened fire again.
BladeEdge again dodged every one of them. “This is pointless. You can’t harm me in your weak state Ovan. You are far too inexperienced to face me. Allow me to show you what I mean.” He raised a digital barrier around himself in order to protect him from Ovan’s bullets so he could transform into his true form.
Ovan watched as BladeEdge’s body cracked bones and tore tissues in order to become his true self. His nose elongated allowing his white fangs to break through his human façade. His eyes glowed a burnt orange, the disease upon his body appeared in patches of sickly green and black. His tail burst through under his torn white coat. Claws burst through the ends of his black gloves and neon green wires wrapped around his wrists and neck flowing like a snake wrapped around its master. His power radiated throughout the air causing traffic lights, cell phones and any other technology to shatter and spark.
The people stood in shock and awe as their eyes beheld the very terror that plagued the world. Gasps of amazement filled the corner. Tourists snapped pictures from their cameras only to have the lenses snap into tiny bits.
Ovan couldn’t believe BladeEdge’s level of power. He is…too strong. How? How can I possibly beat him? How?
BladeEdge smiled a fang filled smile, pieces of corrupted data flowed from his mouth. “Are you ready Ovan? Are you ready to be completely and utterly defeated? You are not strong enough to defeat me yet. Your ‘power’ is nothing compared to mine.”
Ovan raised his guns again and opened fire. This time, the bullets just bounced off of BladeEdge’s very form. Despite the failure, he kept trying, laying out a barrage of bullets that ricocheted off of BladeEdge and hit the people and objects around him.

*************************************************************************************************
Kun adjusted the gears on his car with an angry look on his face. The call from Angeline had come an hour earlier. A fight had broken out between one the CDRA’s agents and the infamous Net Monster. Kun could only guess that it was Ovan considering that he apparently had personal issues with him. He attempted to raise Ovan over the COM link that every agent wore in their ear. After about a five minute wait, Kun eventually reached him. He heard gun shots and the sound of shattering glass accompanied by the screams of innocent people. “Damn it Ovan! We told you not to engage the Net Monster without a partner! Don’t you listen to a damned thing we say?! Knock it off man! You are getting innocent people involved in this!”
Ovan’s barrage never relented, he just kept firing. “I care nothing about the ideals of that ridiculous organization. As long as I can end this, I do not care what happens to the rest of this miserable world or how much blood must be shed!” he said ripping the COM out of his ear and slamming it to the ground.
Kun gritted his teeth. He knew that if Ovan got angry enough, he would keep his word and kill anyone who got in his way. “Damn you Ovan. I knew it. I knew you were uncontrollable. You put your ideals in front of everything else and you have no care about who gets in your way.” Kun raised Angeline on his cell phone.
“Hello. Kun? What is your status?” Came the voice over the phone.
“It doesn’t look good. He isn’t responding to a pull back command. He is completely out of his mind. He won’t hear a damned thing we say. What do you want me to do?” Kun asked panicked. Ovan was far more powerful than he could ever be. How could he engage him?
“Kun, try your hardest to calm Ovan. If you can’t then I will have no choice. I’ll have to use the fail safe Jaren put into Ovan’s body. It will slow his blood and metabolism and cease his rampage. Try to limit casualties to lower than fifty percent. Angeline out.”
Kun closed his phone and put the tip of his thumb into his mouth. “Damn it. Damn damn damn damn damn it.” He said as he brought his car to a screeching halt to the corner where he could see Ovan and BladeEdge.
He stopped to marvel at the Net Monster’s power. “Crap! What the hell is this?!” he said as he stepped out of the car onto a glass shard covered ground. People lay all over the ground either injured, dead or in critical condition. “Damn it! A fight between these two could result in Armageddon if they ever got serious!”
He ran up behind Ovan and proceeded to yell at him. “Ovan! Stop this! Look at all the people you’ve either hurt or killed! You have to stop! It isn’t worth this!”
Ovan never removed his gaze from BladeEdge. Instead he answered over his shoulder. “Do not interfere with me or I will destroy you.”
Kun watched as BladeEdge never moved a finger to reflect any of Ovan’s bullets. He felt a sudden pang of pain in his right thigh that sent him to his knees. A bullet had raked its way across his skin leaving a thin line of blood where his jeans tore.
“Foolish boy. Apparently you are stupider than I thought. Can you not see that this is useless?” BladeEdge said, a fanged smile accompanied his mockery.
Ovan growled between his teeth and reloaded his clips. Damn him. This is not working. My bullets have yet to make a scratch.
Another innocent victim fell beside Kun. Without thanking he dashed at Ovan and grabbed him under the arms, bringing them up over his head. “Knock it off! You have killed seven people already! It isn’t worth the lives of any other people!”
Ovan pulled against him, growling through his teeth. “You…how dare you? Release me or you will die as well.”
Kun looked up at BladeEdge. Fear filled his body as he came to fully comprehend the power that this creature actually possessed. So, that is it. That is the infamous Net Monster. He thought as he struggled with all his might to hold Ovan back.
Ovan took advantage of Kun’s obvious distraction and used his strength to flip Kun over his head and land back first onto the pavement.
Kun raised himself slowly because of the pain of his head hitting the pavement. With a groan he brought himself to his feet. To the front of him stood BladeEdge and to the back Ovan. He turned to address Ovan, who put the barrel of one of his guns to Kun’s forehead.
“You interfered. Do you wish to die?” Ovan said, his glare revealing a burning hatred.
“Look, Ovan, look at all the innocent people you’ve either hurt or killed. Doesn’t that mean anything to you? At all?”
BladeEdge raised his head and laughed. “Foolish boy! The lives of these pathetic fools mean nothing to either of us. Neither Ovan nor I will stop until we have resolved things.”
Kun looked back at Ovan. “Is what he says true Ovan? Does no one else matter?”
Ovan walked around Kun so that they were now back to back and he stood between BladeEdge and Kun. “It is true. Killing him is all that matters. I must end this.” Ovan looked over his shoulder at Kun. “Do not interfere again if you wish to continue breathing.”
Kun lowered his gaze to the ground. Hesitantly, he pulled his cell phone out and dialed Angeline. “Alright. I will hold here until it happens.”

*************************************************************************************************
Angeline hung up the phone and turned to her colleagues. “He has gone out of control.”
The shocked looks of her associates must have told her that she needed to say more. She continued. “Ovan. He has lost focus. I will return soon.”
Whispers filled the room as she left.
She came to a stop in front of a large double bolted door labeled: Danger and entered her security clearance code. I am sorry Jaren but…he has given me no choice.
The room was refrigerated and covered with ice and frosty mists. The walls were all hard metal and covered with security strips and wires. In the middle of the room stood a large cylindrical computer with a purple light radiating from the main body, a computer terminal lay in front of the cylinder.
Angeline entered a code that released the locks on the terminal. A blinking blue button rose up from the terminal. Hesitantly, Angeline pressed hard on the switch causing the light to be obstructed by plates of black light.
“Forgive me…Ovan…no….Bridge. Forgive me.” She said and fell to the floor sobbing.

*************************************************************************************************
Back on the battlefield, Ovan could feel his breath becoming labored as his strength left his body. What…is…..going….on? Why am I….so tired? He dropped his guns and fell to his knees.
Kun limped up to him and wrapped one arm over his shoulder. “C’mon Ovan.”
Ovan pulled away from him as his blood continued to slow in his veins. “Get away from me. I do not need your help.” He said, staggering back to fall on his motorcycle.
BladeEdge noticed the changes in Ovan’s body. His blood sugar and metabolism are rapidly dropping. His heart rate and breathing are beginning to still. This must be the failsafe that Jaren placed deep with Ovan’s body in order to control him. Now is my time to strike. I will just hit him with enough power to knock him unconscious.
Kun once again put Ovan’s arm over his shoulder. This time, Ovan didn’t have the strength to resist. He let Kun support him.
BladeEdge raised his left hand allowing the green wires unwrap themselves and come to form a ring of glowing green blades that radiated a corrupt aura. I will show you how helpless you are ‘Dragon of Death’.
Ovan’s rage allowed him to find the stamina he needed in order to use his Data Gunner. His eye glowed red as it attempted to scan BladeEdge’s Body Data Level. “Data level beyond safe parameters. Destruction is only option. Confirmed. Commencing termination.” He said and uncovered his right arm allowing the claw to form his Data Gunner. Weakness temporarily took hold and he lost footing. Sweat formed on his brow as his circulation continued slowing. The wings opened over the barrel as he loaded the bullet. “Die….BladeEdge….” he said and fired off his gun before falling to the ground unable to move.
BladeEdge slapped the shot away and laughed as he licked his paw. Pathetic, that didn’t even scratch me. Now, it is my turn. He said as the blade around his wrist began to spin rapidly, separating into separate data fragments. He reached his hand back and then threw it forward, releasing the weapon.
Looking up, Ovan felt a sudden sting as the blade slashed through him. The Corrupted patches on his body instantly began to burn and pulse with pain.
Just as he was about to raise another blow, BladeEdge watched as white vans from BioTech arrived.
His eyes narrowed in disgust as white clothed figures emerged from the vans carrying guns that glowed yellow at the ends as they radiated with sparks of fire.
“Take it! Take the Net Monster back to Mr. Borin. The Dragon of Death is of no use at this moment. Top priority is the restraint of the Net Monster.”
“Tch. Pathetic PureBlood fools. Do they honestly think they can subdue me?” BladeEdge allowed himself to get hit by one of the guns blasts only to shake off the static in his fur.
A second shot was fired with more intensity causing him a little more pain but only enough to be an aggravation. He growled through his gritted teeth. “Foo…..lis…..h……hu…..ma…..ns…….” he spoke and let a wave of corrupted energy out from his body.
After everyone came to, Kun was lying on the ground on top of Ovan who was passed out from the loss of energy.
“C’mon man, we need to get you back to Angeline. She will be able to help you. Sorry we had to use that on you.” Kun stood up and threw Ovan’s arm around his neck and surveyed the damage to the area.
Numerous people lay on the ground either badly injured or dead. Kun pulled out his cell phone. “This is Kun. Yeah, I got im but….the damage is worse than we thought.”
Angeline sighed over the phone. “Alright, bring him back. We will deal with it later.”
“Roger.” Kun said and hung up the phone.

*************************************************************************************************
Rupert let a puff of smoke flow from his cigarette and watched as it hit the ceiling. A faint knock on his door brought his attention to his guest.
A young man in a half burnt white suit stood before him.
“Well?” Rupert said aggravated.
The young man lowered his gaze and shook his head. “Sorry Mr. Borin.”
Rupert slammed his fists on his desk. “I do not want excuses! I want BladeEdge! I do not care what you must do! Get him and get him now!!!!”
The young man nervously nodded and left the room.
Rupert sat back down and looked out at the city. Damn you. Very well. You want a war, I will give you…a war.
© Copyright 2007 BladeEdge (bladeedgerave at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263812-Data-Corruption-Chapter-4