*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263941-The-Devils-Angels-Section
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1263941
Part of My Story. Please comment and tell me what you think of it!
The stairs creaking beneath her feet, Kali slowly advances up the steps to Dani’s front door. Taking in a deep breath, she reaches over and rings the doorbell with one perfectly manicured finger. She almost turned to run, but thought better of it.
Heavy footsteps echo from inside the house and with one swift movement, the door swings open and Kali stands facing a pair of familiar greenish-blue eyes.
“Kali?” Adam asks, surprised.
“We need to talk.”
Without looking at her, her opens the door wide enough for her to pass through, and then closes it.
Kali’s heart is beating faster than a drum and she thought the butterflies in her stomach would rise up through her throat, as she passes Adam, inhaling the smell of his usual body spray. From the corner of her eye, a tear begins to form, but she quickly brushes it away, and heads toward the kitchen.
Adam slowly trudges along behind her, watching closely every move she made.
When she reaches the kitchen, she turns on heel to face him, and unable to hold back the tears any longer, she lets them flow, “Adam, I’m sorry. For everything I’ve ever done, and-“
He is no longer listening to her words; Adam’s focus is concentrated on the tears that were falling like rain down her soft cheeks. “I love you Kali. I love you, I’ll always love you.” The words echo repeatedly inside his head, but were unable to come out his mouth. It took all the willpower he possessed to not reach over, brush her tears away, and hold her in his arms.
“I just wish I understood.” Kali finishes tearfully.
Adam’s hand reaches out for her, but he drops it quickly. “I’m sorry, I can’t explain it to you.” After a painful sigh, he lets out the very words he had hoped to never repeat again, “It just wasn’t meant to be.”
The silence that passes between them was like a knife in the heart for Kali, and not being able to handle it any longer she brushes past Adam, her tears falling from her cheeks as she runs from the house.
© Copyright 2007 Katherine Dolf (angelbabykiddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263941-The-Devils-Angels-Section