*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264059-Scrap-Under-Us---Tim-David-and-Spencer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1264059
Tim, David, and Spencer were best buds in high school, and are still together in college.
         "Seems like the storm is picking up," remarked David to Tim who was chugging down a bottle of root beer.  The wind was now blowing in large gusts.  But the air was warm and dry.  There were also still plenty of people out on the streets.
         "Hey David, Tim, wait up," cried Spencer who was just coming out of the convenience store where they just bought their drinks.  Spencer wanted some nachos also, "Anybody want some of these?  I bought'em for all of us."
         "Did you have to get jalapeños," asked David with a hint of disgust.
         "Sure I'll share th'm withya Timmy," exclaimed Spencer.
         "Look at the trees, I wonder if this little college town is going to have power tonight, because this storm looks huge," remarked David again, looking at how the branches bowed in the swirly gusts of wind.  David has always been the first person to notice the obvious and to speculate on the nearing future of their neighborhood, based on current conditions in the weather.  The not so funny thing was, and Tim and Spencer knew this very well, that he was usually right.
© Copyright 2007 Daniel E. Hans (nathandelane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264059-Scrap-Under-Us---Tim-David-and-Spencer