*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264141-This-is-an-essay-about-scholarships
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #1264141
This is an assignment from my Avid class about scholarships.
       
        The definition of a scholarship is “a grant-in-aid to a student (as by a college or foundation).”  You may have heard or often think yourself, “Why should I give money to people in need? The student can be anybody: a rich or poor person. However unlike the rich person unless the poor person get help from somewhere the inventions, discoveries,  and knowledge that he or she may have brought to the world will never be known . When helping a person to go to college it is pulling that one person out of poverty. That one person will affect their children, grandchildren and the people in his or her community. As a result you are helping that community, state, and country out of poverty. Hence I believe scholarships are created to promote a society and the academic world in general by assisting one person or many people.
        One scholarship of many is the Ronald McDonald House Charities National Scholarship program. This is a program that offers many different types of scholarships with qualifications that are different and alike.  For all of the scholarships you have to be a currently enrolled high school senior, legal U.S. resident, and can apply for only one scholarship. There is also one separate qualification for each of the four scholarships. The scholarship program is a corporation that offers scholarships to communities with limited access to education, in which the charities express their ongoing commitment to education. The applicant must supply a certified h high school transcript with students test scores and class rank. The students must also submit a personal statement that gives  his/her community information, career goals, and ambition to help the community. The applicant must also supply a current IRS form filed by guardian or parent. The scholarship gives a minimum of $1000. The scholarship money is a  fair sized amount compared to some that give $100 and others that give $16,000. Ronald McDonald Charities is a great start in choices of scholarships.
      Another scholarship is the American Legion Auxiliary. One qualification of the scholarship is to already be a resident of Arizona for at least one year. Also is to attend an Arizona college, university  or technical school. Equally important, the student has to be a son or daughter of veterans and be in his/her senior year.  The applicant must  actually need financial aide also. There are many procedures the student must follow, such as having three letter recommendations, a recent picture, completed application form and a 300 word letter  telling about their activities.
The scholarship gives $300 to the applicant, compared to the Ronald McDonald House Charities and other scholarships this is a small amount. However college is very expensive and every little bit helps. The American Legion Auxiliary scholarship and similar scholarships should all be applied for as there is no limit to the number of scholarships you can qualify for and get to aide in your college education.
  Scholarships are formed to further a society and the academic world in general by helping one or innumerable people. Therefore it is a moral obligation for people to help society and their communities out of poverty and help students to continue their education by giving and accepting scholarships.
© Copyright 2007 kat (sarahmillett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264141-This-is-an-essay-about-scholarships