*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264396-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kp
Rated: · Essay · Family · #1264396
done 4 schul's pro-family program. title=not my idea. just put it here for all it's worth
        The Challenges of Strengthening Family Ties in the New Millennium

        A trusting mom who would allow you to go partying late at night, a dad who'd forgive you for sneaking out the SUV late at night, and a sister or brother whom you could actually talk or open up to seem to make up the family that you were so unjustly deprived of. As you gaze at the radiant faces in the family photos posted in this family exhibit that the school imposed on all of us students, you can't help but feel utterly alone. So instead, you resort to vices like smoking, sex and drinking.

      But before you drown yourself in beer, tears and self-pity, just remember that bumming around the house and feeling sorry for yourself won't earn you your parents' trust, your siblings' friendship, and not to mention, get the help that you desperately need.

      Are you angry that your folks can't seem to trust you? Instead of throwing a fit, try talking to them like a mature adult who is willing to compromise. God knows, they might just allow you to go out tonight.

      As for your brothers or sisters whom you hardly talk to, try breaking the silence with a friendly joke or compliment. Perhaps you could even take them out on a date to the movies one of these days. Who knows? You and your little sister might actually have a lot in common.

    Nevertheless, no matter how much you wish for a more lenient and less conservative family, your iron-fisted dad, obsessive compulsive mom, and your annoying siblings will always be family. You've been given the gift of choice and it's up to YOU to make the most out of your family relations. This is the challenge that you and I face in this new millennium. Think about that.
© Copyright 2007 kp (karen_i3a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264396-Family