*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264409-Costly-Lovesick-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1264409
chapter 2 of my DNAngel fanfic
Chapter 2

Daisuke couldn’t sleep anymore that night. Every time he closed his eyes he saw images from the dream and the so many others like it he’d had before. He contented himself to lay back, hands behind his head, and stare at the ceiling lost in his thoughts. Finally the sun rose and he heard sounds of movement from the rest of the house. He waited a few minutes to avoid suspicion then got up and went into the kitchen where his mom was making breakfast.

“Something wrong honey?” Daisuke’s mom asked, setting a plate down in front of him.

“Oh. Erm, nothing.” He said, jerking out of his thoughts.

His mom grinned. “Good! Because I need you and Dark to steal something tonight”

Daisuke groaned and rolled his eyes. “what is it this time?”

“Don’t worry about it. Dark knows. You’re going at 9 tonight. I sent out the note yesterday. Are you sure you’re okay? You seem kinda out of it…”

“Yea, sure, I’m fine” Daisuke said, looking at his grandpa. His eyes seemed to bore into him.

Could he possibly know what’s going on?

Daisuke had told his grandpa about Satoshi but had never mentioned his feelings for him.

“Er, well, uh… gotta go.” Daisuke hurried to finish his breakfast and went to his room. It was Saturday and school was closed so he had no idea what he would do with himself all day. He sat on his bed and looked out into the morning sun. He sat like that for a few minutes, then his eyes caught on his sketchbook sitting on the table beside the window. He walked over to the table, startling With out of his nap on the bed, and picked up the book. Inside were his drawings, most of sunrises and sunsets such as this. Drawing helped him make sense of things and calm down. When he was drawing, everything went out of his head; leaving a peace that he never felt anywhere else.

He took the sketchbook over to his bed and started to draw the scene outside the window. Soon everything was out of his mind and he was left feeling calm… After he finished that drawing he moved on to another and another. Hardly knowing what he was drawing until, at 8:30, Dark pulled him out of his trance-like state.

Ya know, we have to go soon.

“Huh? What?”

WE HAVE TO GO SOON!

“Oh, right.” Daisuke looked down at the sketch pad and saw on it a half-finished picture of a certain blue-haired boy. Panicking, he flipped back two or three pages. All pictures of Satoshi. Quickly, he ripped the pages out and stuffed them in the trashcan.

“No! They’ll find them there!” he said to himself.

Just then there was a knock on the door. “Honey!” His mom called. “Can I come in?” Without waiting for an answer, she opened the door. Daisuke shoved the slightly crumpled drawings behind his back.

“Oh. Hi mom!”

“You need to get ready soon. It’s almost time”

“Okay. Sure.” He breathed a sigh of relief. “I’ll be down in a minute”

“Alright!” She grinned and started downstairs.

Like I said, smirked Dark, we need to transform.

“Fine. Go ahead.” Daisuke sighed and set down the drawings on the bed. Face down of course… A few seconds later, he was no longer a young, red-haired boy. He was the taller, older Dark.

Alright, let’s go. Daisuke said, before Dark had a chance to pick up the drawings off his bed. As Dark reached the bottom of the stairs, Daisuke’s mom looked up from her book.

“Oh good! You’re here. You’d better get going, it’s almost 9.”

“Alright. I’ll be back soon.” Dark said, “Ready, With?”

“kyuu!”

As Dark walked out the door With changed into Dark’s wings and clung to his back. Both Daisuke and Dark were silent as they flew to the museum. As always, the police and photographers surrounded the building. Dark flew around to the far side of the building and gently landed on the roof of the large rotunda in the center of the museum. He soon spotted a skylight in the roof and approached it. Just then he caught sight of Satoshi standing in the crowd in the ground. Daisuke reacted so violently inside him that his steps faltered and he almost fell.

We have to get out of here! NOW! Daisuke screamed inside Dark’s head.

“Why?” Dark thought back, “We’ve gotten past him so many times before. He’s nothing to worry about.”

Yeah, well, we still have to go!

“What’s wrong? Little Daisuke’s got a crush or something?” Dark scoffed.

Shut. Up. Just. Go. Now.

“You do, don’t you!” Dark said, taking off from the rooftop, “That’s very interesting…”

Daisuke stayed silent.

When they got home, everyone else was asleep so they entered through Daisuke’s window. Dark was about to change back into Daisuke when he say the drawings face down on the bed.

“Oh? And what are these?” Dark asked, turning the papers over, “Look who it is!”

No! Don’t! yelled Daisuke, but it was too late. Dark had seen the pictures. Daisuke caught Dark off guard and forced the transformation on him. When Dark was back to being just a voice in his head, Daisuke blocked him out.

“Finally. Time to get a good night’s sleep. This will all look better in the morning.” Daisuke said as he fell into bed. He was asleep before his had hit the pillow.
© Copyright 2007 A.K. Razzen (tiger_lily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264409-Costly-Lovesick-Chapter-2