*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264590-Perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Comedy · #1264590
This may change your perspective of a common object!
        Have you ever experienced that feeling that no matter where you are, there’s always at least one set of eyes staring you down? What if you sensed that presence everyday of your life… no matter where you are. In the car, a bedroom, heck, even your very own washroom! The nerve of some people these days! And that’s not even the worst part; imagine that they never actually stare at you. That’s right, they glance, peer, stare in your direction; but never do they really look at you. They don’t capture your personality, or even care for it, for that matter. All they do is look at themselves, and you’re merely the tool that allows them to do so. Confused yet? … Good!

        Well, I have a personality, I can talk, I can think, but worst of all: I know everyone of your dirty little habits! That’s right, my name is Mirella, and I am a mirror. How would you like it if I shoved my crooked yellow teeth less than an inch away from your face to pick out the green substance from my last meal? Or if I was constantly turning from where ever I may be standing in the room to see if I look any different at this angle, or from the last time I checked? Hey, I got a good one… What if I danced in front of you (let me rephrase that: what if I tried to dance in your presence)? Not good enough? What if I danced naked? That’s right… in my birthday suit… just to make sure that every square inch of my body can move to the beat; even though I can’t carry a rhythm if my life depended on it. Life. That’s a rather interesting concept. Here you are doing things you’d never be caught doing in public, or in front of anyone for that matter… yet you do them for me? Well let me tell you this: I am in no way thankful, let’s just get that out there! And why would I be? To have to see your face several times each hour is just not inspiring, in fact, it reminds me of how pitifully pathetic you are! I just don’t get it; how can you even stand looking at yourself, let alone once, but every two seconds? Are you really that conceited? ‘Cause to be honest, I don’t see how you could be, I mean with a face like that, maybe you should be signing numerous contracts with a plastic surgeon. Or, to save him the trouble of having to work on your face several times, why not just cut and paste the face of a dead pit-bull?  At least it might attract something more than humiliation! See here, buddy, you can easily leave if you aren’t happy somewhere: you have legs. But, on the contrary, I’m stuck mounted to this wall in you bedroom, I can’t get up and leave, hell, I can’t even cover my eyes. The least you could do, for heaven’s sake, is wrap a towel around yourself when you come out of the shower. Have you no dignity??
© Copyright 2007 -* Trish *- (porkypiglet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264590-Perspective