*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264966-the-legend-of-the-crimson-stain
Rated: E · Short Story · Detective · #1264966
i wrote this for my creative writing class
The Legend of the
    Crimson Stain.

     
     




            Written by Denise N. Saylor
                   Picture drawn by Chase McClure

         



Constance this dress is very important. You are to wear this very dress tomorrow night to dance with your future husband, do you understand? Constance nodded to her mother. “Mom please relax I will do my best to keep this dress beautiful.”


Constance looked at the dress it was indeed very beautiful. The dress was white with lace trim, it had and empire waist that tied in that back. She would be so beautiful in it. Now she only needed to wait one more day to wear it.


Constance was so excited the day of the ball was here at last and she couldn’t wait. She carefully called her maids to do her hair and make up. She looked amazing without the dress although after she carefully slipped it on, she was the fairest of all the women in the land.

         Many women envied Constance for her beauty she and long flowing honey brown hair, captivating green eyes and the most amazing smile anyone had ever seen. For this she had made envious enemies. One of these enemies was Justine she was the most beautiful woman before Constance came and she wanted that all back.


So as Constance walked in to the grand room for the ball all eyes were on her. She looked like an angel with her hair in ringlets around her heart shaped face. She absolutely glowed. 

Constance was set to dance the most gorgeous man there. He of course was of high standing. His name was Gage. He was the mysterious tall dark and handsome type, many men envied him because women drooled when he was around.

Justine had forever been in love with Gage. Gage had forever been in love with Constance. This of course made for problems between the two women.  Constance was very happy with the arranged marriage between her and Gage. She did think he was adorable.


This was the night that Gage and Constance were to dance, the last time they would get to see each other before the marriage taking place on the next Sunday in front of the town. Little did they know a lot more would happen then they intended.


Constance walked to the middle of the dance floor just as she was meant to, to meet Gage. The clock chimed nine on the hour, Gage was no where to be found. Constance began to worry he was almost never late and especially not when he was going to meet her.

Constance started to look for Gage. She had thought he was dressing in one of the rooms in the palace. She walked into the rooms and there was a beautiful necklace on the table that was meant for her. She walked in thinking that Gage was trying to surprise her. She didn’t know that was the last time she would think of his many surprises.


She walked to the table to look at the necklace. As she did so she heard the door shut behind her. She turned around to be surprised by Justine. Justine looked as though she was deranged. Constance of course scared looked at her wonder what she was going to do.

Justine looked at her and said “You took away my one and only love, and you’ve taken away my life.” Constance overwhelmed replied “He loved me and emotions that are true and run deep don’t change for those influenced by lust.” “Who are you to say that I can not love him?” Justine replied. “I can’t I can only voice that which I believe to be true.” Constance spoke.


Justine overwhelmed with anger, pain, and hurt took the knife she held in her hand and plunged the blade into Constance’s heart. Constance looked at her with forgiving eyes as she fell and said “Murder can not force two lovers apart nor force two people together.”


Justine hearing this was shocked as the last words Constance spoke were addressed to her she said “I forgive you for all injustices you committed towards me, please move on and love someone, for that is what truly sets us all free.” 

When Constance was found the next morning she was dead. The beautiful white dress she was wearing that night how ever looked different it was still beautiful but in the spot where Constance’s heart was, a spot of blood, it was in the shape of a heart.

It is believed even now by many that, that very night was the night two things were born. One forgiveness for it was Constance that truly learned what forgiveness was. The other was undying love. Constance died for love and she still loved Gage no matter the obstacles and Gage still loved her no matter the distance.

Now if you walk to her grave on February fourteenth every year you can hear her saying that true love is the only thing that sets us free.
© Copyright 2007 Raven Rose (denisedisaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264966-the-legend-of-the-crimson-stain