*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265852-THE-STRANGER-BEHIND-HER
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1265852
Just when Sara thort she was safe.
The light shone down onto the stream as Sara dipped her feet in to it. "This is the life" she said outloud to herself. Sara loved nothing better then to sit here and reflect on her thorts. This was her getaway spot, nobody ever interupted her daydreams here. Well nobody except Harrold, "Harrold the duck that is". Every time she sat in her usual spot he was always guarenteed to arrive shortly afterwards. Unlike other ducks he would swim right up the the edge for the soft browny red feathers on his head to be stroked. Afterwards he would go back to join his feathery friend close by, returning every half hour or so.

Closing her eyes she embraced the tranquility that this place brought to her. The crystal clear water would swish ever so softely, almost to the point of meditation. Leaves would russle in the autum air as they fell to the ground around me. It was not hot, nor was it cold. It was perfect.

"SPLASH" her eyes sprung open as her whole body jumped. Looking around she quickly learned what had been the cause of her fright. "how did that get here" she muttered to myself. Right by her feet was a bottle with a peice of paper in it. "A message bottle".
Now she would have been very excited had it not been thrown as thow aimed at her , but some how she began to feel anything but tranquil. Suddenly she felt afraid.

You see I was a good few miles from any road or house. I had never told anyone about my secret spot, nor had I ever encountered or seen another person out here. I had stumbled upon it once when I had ran away from home after falling out with parents about a year ago. I had come here at least twice a week ever since. She had always felt so safe here, well up untill now she had.

She pulled her feet from the water and stood up, her eyes searching for the shoes that she had put behind her. Suddenly heryheart skipped a beat as soon as she realised they had dissapered, no longer within eye sight. Whatever was going on was making her feel very vunerable. There was something going on, but what? No one even knows where I am, she thort to herself.

Bare foot she grabs her towel and begins to leave, her pace quickens as she feels her heart in her chest. Something was not right, there was somebody else there with her, As her thorts turn to running she goes to look behind her. Suddenly she feels her legs go from under her, falling she catches a glimsp of someone behind her. But who was it, and what did they want.......................................................................

TO BE CONTINUED............................................................................................

© Copyright 2007 MORGAN83 (morgan83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265852-THE-STRANGER-BEHIND-HER