*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266156-The-Sparrows-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Faye
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1266156
Jack is missing after he went to look for the Fountain of Youth.
Rem woke up and looked to the other bed. May lay, sleeping peacefully. Rem got out of bed trying to make the least bit of noise. She put her robe on and walked out the bedroom door. Rem got hit with the smell of bacon over the fire. She walked down the stairs.

“Good morning, Rem,” said Alphonse and Touya as they saw her walk down the stairs. Touya turned back to the bacon and flipped it over. Alphonse was cutting the bread and laying it onto a cloth. Alphonse looked around to see if he had to do anything else and decided to sit down. Rem walked over to him and sat down next to him. May then came warily down the stairs. Her robe then snagged onto a piece of wood and she fell. Touya jumped up and caught her as she fell. May stood up with Touya’s help.

“Are you all right?” asked Rem.

“I guess,” May said a bit shaken. May leaned on Touya. She smiled as she watched Rem and Alphonse.

Rem yawned with a little laugh. “I’m going to change.”

She smiled at Alphonse and got up, she went upstairs.
In the room she picked out the white dress she had wore at Port Royal. “Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Turner.”

She quickly changed into the dress and quietly got out of the room through a window that was closest to her, she wanted to have some peace for a while. She jumped down to the ground and walked up the hill top and looked through the ocean, she closed her eyes and smiled as the world just seemed peaceful.

May walked out toward a ship and on to it. She climbed its ropes that tied it to the dock and she walked to the bowsprit and sat there over the ocean. She couldn’t help but hum a pirate tune her father had taught Rem and herself.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me.
Drink Me Hearties, Yo Ho.


But May stopped as a hot tear ran down her cheek. Father…She thought as another came down. Soon I have to tell Rem this…soon. Alphonse walked outside; he looked up as he saw Rem in a white flowing gown.

“I have never seen her in a dress.” He stated as Touya came out next to Alphonse. “She always wore her regular pirate clothes.”

Touya looked up and looked at Rem. “Alphonse, don’t keep yer hopes up.”

Alphonse looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve seen how you’ve looked at her; I know your feelings for her.” Touya said as he looked at Alphonse. “She is very dear to me as well, and I don’t want anything to happen to her…if I loose her, I will never forgive myself.”

Touya walked away with one little glance at Rem. Touya then saw May crying. He walked over to her and put an arm around her. May buried her head in his shoulder, crying. Touya had never had to actually comfort a girl this way. He put both arms around her.

“What’s wrong?” Touya said,” Ye know ye can tell me.” May just simply shook her head as if to say, I can not tell you. It took a while to calm May down to finally make her stop crying.

Alphonse looked back up at Rem with a sigh.

Rem of hope, a pirate’s blossom
She quivers with sorrow of others,
But sprouts magnificently with the help from the rivers.


Rem noticed Alphonse down below, she smiled at him. Alphonse smiled and started walking to the docks. "You are like an angel, that smiles down to the Earth."

Rem looked back up and closed her eyes again. How lucky we all are to have each other. She smiled slightly as the warm breeze swept through her. May and Touya walked off the ship and onto the docks. Touya stopped and wiped the rest of May’s tears.

“Will ye be alright?” Touya asked, with a worried expression on his face.

“Yes, thank ye,” May replied as she smiled warmly. Touya and May started walking together again, holding hands. Rem looked at them. What a cute couple. May and Touya walked up to Rem.

“Come. We be gathering a crew soon,” said May.

“What for? Why do we need a crew?” asked Rem. May looked down, tears starting to come down no matter how hard May tried to hold them back.

“What is it, May,” asked Rem. May looked at Rem. I can’t tell her. Not yet at least. There has to be a way.

Alphonse came up to them with a sigh.

“It’s okay May, I’ll tell her.” He looked at Rem. “Your Father, Captain Sparrow, was looking for your mother. He said he would come soon but we not seen or heard from him since.”

Rem looked at them all, her eyes wide.

“So… you’re saying to m-me that my father is missing maybe dead?” She started walking down the hill.

“I shouldn’t have told you this…” Alphonse began to say, but got interrupted by Rem.

“No, I needed to hear it.” She turned around and looked at them with a smile. “Thank you, I’m going to go change for the journey.” She turned back around and finished walking down the hill, she went inside the house.

In the room Rem quickly changed into her ship clothes, she started walking but stopped and looked at the hand-made sword that had been given to her.

“I will find you, Father.” She said as she grabbed the sword and walked out the bedroom door.

Rem saw Alphonse, Touya, and May standing together and Rem walked over to them.

“So, May, yer father gave you a pirate ship?” asked Touya.

“Yes, and he was planning to give Rem a ship, too,” said May, “The ship, the Lady Pearl, has food packed and is ready to set sail.”

“Ok. So when do we start?” asked Alphonse.

“Well, first we need to get a crew. And I think I be know a hardy bunch,” May said with a twinkle in her eye,” Follow me.”

Alphonse, Rem, and Touya followed May to a building close to the docks.

I have seen this place before.... Rem thought.

May opened the door and waited for the others to come in.

“Hello,” said May. She walked into the eating area. There was men all sitting and drinking rum. Touya immediately recognized one of the men.

“Father?” said Touya. All of the people sitting turned.

“Touya, is that you?” asked one of the men, who Rem and Alphonse knew as Mr. Gibbs.

“Yes, Father,” said Touya. May smiled as she watched Touya reunite with his father but yet she was jealous of him for he had at least one of his parents while she did not even have her grandfather.

Alphonse smiled. He loved these kinds of moments. “So…is this the crew?” He said with a smile.

“Yes, while you were asleep, I went to Mr. Gibbs and asked him if he would like to help find a crew and he accepted,” said May.

“Well, show us the ship, May,” said Mr. Gibbs.

“Ok. Follow me,” said May. The new crew stood up and followed May to the docks. May grabbed a rope and swung, she swung hard enough to swing onto the ship. The group waited and a part of a ladder hung over the edge of the ship.

May leaned over the railing, “Come on aboard.”

One by one the sailors climbed onto the ship and each one was in awe.

“I have never seen a ship so similar to the Black Pearl. This is amazing,” said Marty.

She looked at Marty, “Yes it is, but there is another like it. And it is the sister ship of the Black Pearl like this one is.”

“Really,” many of the crew said.

“RRReally,” said Cotton’s Parrot.

“Yes, and if the…. Kraken gets this one we can use the other,” said May.

“So who will be the Captain of the Pearl?” said Mr. Gibbs, looking at the side of the ship to see the name of it.

“I will,” spoke a voice behind the crew. The crew parted and Barbossa came into view.

“That…. that will be arranged,” May said, through clenched teeth. May stalked off to get the Captain’s Cabin ready. Touya glared at Barbossa and then turned to follow May.

“May, what has you?” said Touya after he had caught up with May.

“Oh, what has me, uh!? Oh this stupid, Davy Jones and cursed crew has me. First, you all get separated from me. Then, I find out that me dad is missing or dead. And now, Barbossa, the one who mutinied me father, becomes captain of MY ship.” She turns to hide her tears while she lays down a washed rug.

“May,” Touya grabs her hands, “It’ll be alright as long as we have each other. Ye always are yer father in so many ways but in this ye are not yer father in this except yer temper.” May looks at him and smiles. Touya takes her out of the cabin.
© Copyright 2007 Faye (asian_blue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266156-The-Sparrows-Chapter-2