*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266996-Inevitable-Fire
Rated: · Other · Death · #1266996
a mans last moments before getting the electric chair.
The concrete cell seemed extra cold tonight. Colder than the soul of the man who occupied it. His name is Ronin Alexander, inmate #000119. He sat on the bed, staring blankly at the floor, awaiting the unwanted company that was sure to arrive any minute now. He pushed some his long black hair out of his face, and stood up slowly. Just then three C.O's showed up, one weilding a shotgun. They opened the cell and Ronin came out slowly. They attached shackles to his ankles, and pointed him in the right direction. He walked slowly. Many thoughts entered his head, he couldn't describe it. He felt scared. For the first time in his life, he was helpless. Now he knew how little Susy Mckay felt. He wanted to run but he couldn't, he wanted to scream. The terrifying realization haunted every thought, he was living a nightmare. He was 30 feet away from the room. The room with chair. The last room he would ever enter. His bound hands trembled, and his knees shook violently. Within the next few minutes, he would be dead. Death never really entered his mind until now, and the inevitable truth lie right in front of him. A million thoughts entered his mind. He doesn't want to go to hell. They strapped him in, as a priest read a passage to him. He wished the priest would read forever. He closes his eyes. He can't stop it. No matter how hard he tries. He's ready, for the inevitable fire.
© Copyright 2007 J.L Gregory (jerrylynch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266996-Inevitable-Fire