*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1267518-Dead-Meat-2
Rated: · Chapter · Drama · #1267518
2nd Part of Dead Meat! Please read 1st part before 2nd.
Chapter 2

Anyways, where were we? Oh, yes. School. I couldn’t wait! Show and tell was right after recess. I left Wilfreda in the tiny cage in my desk keeping her a secret. Even though I wanted to tell someone so much, I did not want to ruin the surprise. I went outside, with a few glances back, reassuring myself that she was still safe. When I came into the class, my desk was open, the cage was empty and there were feathers all over the room, (to tell you the truth they were all over the school). And who’s to say that chickens can’t fly. I knew only one thing. Wilfreda was not in the school.

So there I was, with my whole class standing there and staring at the room. Trying to get this all into my mind, I was feeling lousy until all of a sudden everything was black. I guess I fainted, but I was up in a hurry. What would I do? What would I tell my parents? I know what you think, I was doomed, but I was worse than doomed, I was DEAD MEAT.

There I was walking with the empty cage. Well actually, it didn’t smell that empty. I believe Wilfreda left us several presents in there. Don’t get of track now, Alex. My head throbbed with pain from thinking so hard. My brainwaves had probably stopped at this point. I was trying to slow down, to give myself some more time before the unbearable lecture that I knew was awaiting me at home. Somehow, the slower I tried to walk, I found my pace increasing because of panic. I hid the cage in the shed and headed for my house. I was at the door. My knees were wobbly as I turned the doorknob. The moment I walked in I knew that my parents had already found out that Wilfreda was missing. I was their prime suspect.

So there they were in the dining room chewing their food as if it were hay. The wrinkles in their faces were much more visible than when I had left that morning. Their eyes bore into me and I began to step from one foot to another. I knew that I looked guilty. I felt guilty. One look at my mother and I grasped the fact that I could not get away with this one.
I usually have many excuses, but to my surprise my mind went completely blank. I knew from past experiences that a lie was not realistic if it was obvious that I was making it up. Trust me, I usually make up good excuses but this one was difficult. I couldn’t bear the silence. I said the first thing that popped into my head. The… the… the Chicken blew up! Okay, now that I go back, it really was the least smart thing for me to say at that situation but too late now to change anything.

My parents were very disappointed, but were happy that I told the truth. Now, I felt sick and even more guilty as my parents explained that they sold the golden eggs and how the money also covered my allowance. My allowance? How could it get worse. I started screaming and pulling my hair as I burst out of the house and onto the streets. Imagine the neighbors seeing a maniac pulling it’s hair out and screaming on the streets. (I hope nobody called the police.) So there I was, on the streets when I suddenly spotted a car. That wasn’t a car my friends, when it came closer I saw it was Wilfreda! Maybe my allowance wasn’t garbage! My life was saved! After I picked her up, I started heading for the house. When my parents saw her they both jumped up in happiness. Then I started yelling out these words that made the happiness change to madness. “I didn’t lose her at school! She came back!” These are the words that really ruined my life. My parents looked at me as if I were a criminal and both started screaming at me at once.

After that, my mom called the school to see if there was any trouble. (You know how parents can be.) My mom handed me the phone and said that they wanted to talk to me. All of the sudden I heard the janitor’s voice screaming about the huge feather chaos. He said I had to come to school and clean the whole mess up. So now you know how I am stuck cleaning the whole school, and if your not I don’t know what you were doing these last couple of minutes. But to bad, I’m not telling this story again because it is 12:00 am, and I have just finished cleaning up. See ya!
© Copyright 2007 Cheerio (cheerio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1267518-Dead-Meat-2