*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1268145-The-allure-of-monotony
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1268145
Some thoughts on the strangle hold on life in 2007
To wake up every day, and do what is right- what we think is right.
The allure of the monotony- the allure of the ordinary. This ordinary defines the state of existance- it is the ordinary that drives us, but it is this ordinary that strangles us. What do we need to live, what do we need to survive- the dark allure confuses the question. The day becomes the night, the light becomes the dark- and the dark loses its magic and mystey.
The night is lost- the caress, the warmth of the night becomes a stranglehold- it is a death grip on life itself. The dreams are numb, the slumber is wasted- the rest becomes insomniac torture. What is this darkness, what is this allure?
The allure of death, of the same- the stench surronds us everyday. The stagnation of death is nothing but the craving to exist but to do nothing more. To be or not to be- to exist but not to live. Indulgence, insanity- the allure of monotony, the allure of death.
© Copyright 2007 Sylvanus (sylvanus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1268145-The-allure-of-monotony