*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269324-Choices-Of-The-Heart-Part-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kura
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Drama · #1269324
Edward's secret gets closer to discovery
"Alright soilders get up!" shouted a voice awaking Edward and the rest. Edward groaned. He got up and got ready.
"Have a nice sleep?" asked Frank looking at Edward. Edward was going to tell the truth. He had a terrible night. But in a strange way it wasn't due to the men snoring and shifting or the faint noises outside. It was due to his mind, For some reason he couldn't get over the fact that his father hated him and his mother was dead, he thought the army was going to take his mind off it but it just attracted the issue. So when Frank asked him this particular question, all Edward could say was; "not good". Frank noticed that Edward wasn't the social type, but infact all it was was Edward wasn't in a good mood. When all were ready they each stood by their beds ready for inspection. A tall man who looked like he had enormous authority and a big temper walked in. He walked along checking each of the man's beds. Everything seemed in order. Then he stopped at edward. It wasn't his bed he was interested in. He stared at Edward. A few inches away from his face. Edward remained motionless.
"What's your name boy?" asked the officer. Edward sighed. There was no way on earth he would give his last name. He didn't want everyone to know.
"Edward...sir" he said. The officer nodded accepting the reply. He walked out the tent and all the men relaxed. Edward just stared the way he had. He was terribly glad that he hadn't pressured him for his last name.
"Ed you coming to breakfast?" asked Billy peering at Edward. Edward snapped out of his gaze. He nodded and followed Billy and Frank to the hall. On the table Edward was finally introduced to everyone in his tent. The last three was the strong scot Rory, the lanky blonde Cyril and the short but broad Oliver. They were all tied in a convisation.
"So you got family?" asked Billy shouving a spoon full of beans in his mouth. Oliver looked at him. He nodded. He was sort of like Edward. He would just nod when nothing else was needed.
"I've seen you somewhere before" said Cyril pointing a fork at Edward.
"Maybe that's because he's in our tent" said Rory sarcastically sending a smirk round the table.
"No I mean i've seen someone like you" said Cyril staring at Edward. Edward sighed. His secret was about to be discovered. Just then Edward's father walked by looking at the soilders eating. Cyril stared at him causing all the others ,including Edward, to do so. They looked at him then at Edward. Then at each other. Edward sighed and waited for all the shouting and laughing that would happen. But an amazing thing happened. They all once again looked at each and said "Nah". Edward let out a sigh of relief and so did his father.
© Copyright 2007 kura (virgo13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269324-Choices-Of-The-Heart-Part-5