*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269584--A-GOOD-STUDENT
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SP
Rated: E · Article · Community · #1269584
A short essay or article on what it takes to be a good student
A GOOD STUDENT



1. To posses higher level thinking skills, is to reach into the deepest parts of your mind when figuring out the answer to a question.  This means, instead of jut throwing out the obvious answer, you stop to think about not just THE answer but the best possible one.  These skills are very useful to learn now, this way when you are applying for a job interview,  instead of making a fool of yourself with an obvious answer you will provide a sufficient and durable one.  The more  students begin to use these skills in school, the more they shall develop higher level thinking skills for themselves in the future.

2.  If given the choice, would you rather read a great novel or watch American Idol finals?  In all honesty I know that American Idol sounds better to me!  In the past thirty years it has become a common theme that kids of all ages prefer technologically advanced games, as apose to a book.  The outcome of this is poorer social skills and a much lower level of vocabulary.  As a self conclusion I have found that kids who are bad readers are the ones that dislike reading the most.  Most of the bad readers (with the exception of a few)  are the kids who play their video games and watch t.v. instead of reading the most.  I believe that the more you get into reading, the more you understand and the more you begin to like the hobby.  Next time you are bored try picking up a classic as apose to watching a useless show on t.v. or playing your x-box.

3.  Everyone's definition of “great” study skills are different obviously, but which ones are proven most useful?  Well from personal experience, and from being a student for the past nine years, I have come to find that independent study is what works for most kids.  Although I have to admit I like group studying much better, the more efficient way would be independent study.  Forcing yourself to sit down with those flash cards or your notebook for at least an hour every night is guaranteed better comprehension of a class at very least!  Not to mention that these study habits will stay with you all the way through college and into your adult career!
© Copyright 2007 SP (siena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269584--A-GOOD-STUDENT