*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269689-My-thoughts
by Mae
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1269689
Kristin meets a girl who will change her life dramaticaly
When I first saw Maggie Littlefield I'll admit it was a litte weird, watching her creep behind the shelves at our local Walmart, looking suspicious. I was shopping with my mom and as I stood in the shampoo aisle supposedly picking out my mothers hair essentials for the next couple of weeks, seeing as shampoo and conditioner unforunately don't last forever, I couldn't help but watch and try to figure out Maggie's plan of action. She looked about my age, maybe a little older, with straight black hair, yet tan skin, she looked tall too, taller than I was. My thoughts were deminished the second I realized she was looking at me curiously, and I quickly jutted my attention back to what I had came for. "Whats up?" she then asked approaching me now, looking relieved as if I was an escape route from what she was hiding from. "What?" I said surprised.
"I could'nt help but notice you were staring my way for a while."
I could feel myself turning red.
"Oh, sorry, you just looked.."
She cut me off.
"There is a guy looking for me, and I really don't want to be near him right now."
I thought about why she would be hiding here of all places, or why she just wouldn't leave. But she read my mind.
"I don't have a car, I walked here, he'll be able to catch me out there, I figured here was the safest place for me right now, you know, in public."
"Yeah", I said.
Now that she was next to me I found she was indeed taller than me, by a good four inches, her hair looked shaggier up close, as if she hadn't washed it in a while, and I noticed her eyes were green, as were mine.

"Kristin?" It was my mom.
"My name is Maggie by the way", the girl interputed smiling, as if making new friends in Walmart was her thing.
"I'm Kristin."
My mom turned the corner and I noticed the cart was loaded, she must have been ready to leave. She looked at me then to Maggie, and back to me shooting me a dissaproving look. I supposed it was from the torn up jeans and dirty shirt Maggie was sporting. I didn't mind though, she seemed normal enough.
"Are you ready to go?" my mom asked me.
"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec", I replyed focusing back towards the shampoo and quickly pulling out some bottles.
"I'll meet you at the line", and with that my mom was off, leaving me and my new acquaintance as strange as it sounds, standing alone.
"Well", Maggie continued, "you seem like you have places to be, it was nice meeting you."
She's so open. I thought to myself.
"Yeah, you too, hope everything works out alright with the guy thing."
I watched her then as she dug in her large purse, pulling out a little piece of torn paper and a pen, scribbling down something which I could only assume was for me, so I stood still, waiting.
"Here's my number, maybe we could chill sometime." She looked right at me as if waiting for an answer. "Well, I'll see yah around."
I didn't say anything but watched her walk around the corner and with that she was gone, with that I was left holding hair condiments, Maggie's phone number, and a puzzled expression on my face.



© Copyright 2007 Mae (jessiemae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269689-My-thoughts