*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270213-An-Unstoppable-Force-part-1
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1270213
Love at first sight between two teenage girls.
11:23p.m. -          “I have to go,” Luce screeched to Michael as the music from the speakers was bellowing out with punk-rock screamo. The party was getting a bit out of hand, there was about 16 people there, drunk, high, and two guys were about to get into a fist fight. She was paranoid about the fact in case the cops happen to show up and the take her in for being underage with alcohol and marijuana in her system.
         “Are you sure you have to leave? One more drink before you go, please?” Michael tries to persuade Luce from leaving.
         “No I don’t think I can, I have to be home, because I have to go and watch my little sister.” She said lying, just to come up with an acceptable excuse to leave. She headed for the door and the noise from downstairs where the party was mainly at began to fade out but you could hear the people downstairs laughing, singing, and yelling. Michael walked Luce up to the door, “thanks for coming, babe. Call me later and we can chill again.”
         “Yeah, sure, of course.” She smiled and Michael gave her a kiss on the cheek as she was walking out the door. Once when she was outside, she began to collect her thoughts, and reflected about the previous events. She had fun, but she felt like she didn’t belong there with all the people drunk and dancing, and smoking joints. She mainly remembered the part when Michael tried to make out with her, but she pushed him away so he walked off and started bingeing on a bottle of Budlight. Michael had a little thing for Luce since middle school, but she was never interested in him. They used to date in junior high, but she dumped him because he was little pervert that only dated her because of her breasts. Typical boy Luce always thought. All of her ex-boyfriends never really worked out anyhow.          
         While outside, she felt a little bit better. Michael’s house was in a nice neighborhood; she didn’t feel threatened at all. The cool breeze helped her composure with dealing with the alcohol and marijuana. She didn’t want to bring any attention to her. To take a short cut, she decided to cut through the park. The park was about 3 blocks away and her house was about 2 blocks away from the park. She wanted to enjoy her walk though.

*                    *                    *                    *

“Mom, I really need to talk to you.” Her mom nodded and continued to look at the computer reading about the nutrition a baby needs to intake daily. “I wanted to tell you a few things that have been on my mind lately that I think is maybe important for you to know.”
         “Uh-huh, Lena, can we do this some other time? Perhaps tomorrow?” Her mother said without even looking at her daughter. Lena knew it probably wouldn’t happen tomorrow either, they both knew. Since James was born, she’s been busy nonstop with taking care of him, still getting work done, and volunteering at the church for at least 6 hours a week.
         “Sure, why not.” Lena spoke sarcastically. This has happened to her many times before where she tried to tell her mother how she felt. Ever since James was born, 5 months ago, things changed between her and her parents. It seems that they never seem to have time for her. That’s what Lena wanted to tell her, because everyday seeing her
Page 2

parents and all their attention to James crushed her, because her mom and dad never even acknowledged that she was even in the room. She felt invisible, and when she tried to speak to them, they never had the time. She walked away frustrated and took a final glance at her mother before she tiptoed downstairs. Her mom was still at the computer, completely oblivious to the fact that her daughter was watching her with tears in her eyes.
         Lena walked downstairs and found her dad asleep on the lazy boy chair with the bible still open in his lap about three-fourths of the way done, he’s snoring. Lena’s parents were both Christian and both very religious. Lena, however, was never really that religious, she hated going to church, she felt no connection with Him, and she had to keep that a secret from her parents and she didn’t feel that was right either. Fortunately, her grandma lived with them since Lena’s grandpa died several years ago. Her and her grandma were very close, and her grandma wasn’t that religious either so her grandma would talk Lena’s parents into Lena staying. While her parents were at church they would both stay home and cook. They had their own little world together with happiness, laughter, and trust that they never lost. Lena tells her grandma everything whether she needed advice or just someone to listen to, especially since her parent’s never listened to her.
         Lena needed to get out. She tiptoed into the kitchen to sneak out the back door. She slipped on her shoes that were in the basket and put on a little jacket that was hanging on a hook on the door. She stepped outside and immediately felt relaxed. She closed the door and a little creak from the hinges of the door made her father stir in his sleep, he didn’t awaken. He was asleep, her grandma was asleep, and her mom was on the computer upstairs. It was a perfect escape to sneak out. It was about 11: 30 when she left, and she would be back no later than an hour.
         She felt a cool breeze that relaxed her and helped her cope with the problems going on in her personal life. She went through the gate and stepped unto the sidewalk on her street, she looked at her house, and it was completely dark inside except for a little glow of light that came from the computer. She decided to head down towards her favorite spot, the hill that over looked the pond at the park. It wouldn’t take her more than 10 minutes to get there and was about 2 blocks away. The first block went by fast, she was focusing on her mentality and breathing, inhaling one, exhaling two. Lena continued to breathe and count. She came in eye contact of the park and drew closer and closer.
         She saw her favorite spot but she would have to walk on the path that went through some trees. She was often frightened of these trees because her “little-girl” imagination came into place and she often thought of a monster jumping out from behind a tree and scaring her and eating her. She remained optimistic and decided to take the path anyways. “What the hell, what’s the worst that can happen anyhow?” She thought to herself. She walked step by step, farther and farther into the trees to be her favorite spot.
         Each step was a step closer but a step farther from where she began. She looked at up at the sky and saw the full moon glowing and lighting up the sky. The stars surrounded the whole night sky, millions of them, light years away. She wondered what kind of life is out there in the unknown universe, a universe that could go on forever. It was the one of the biggest mysteries she always asked herself. She always felt a bit of


Page 3

ease when she looked up at the sky, she imagined herself floating away in space like she was flying.
              Suddenly there was a terrible pain from her scalp and a violent yank and she fell directly on the ground. She was completely dramatized; she looked up and saw a man standing over her, a tall man. He had broad shoulders, long hair, dark cloths, and his eyes flared with the burning hatred to harm Lena. He knelt a little closer to her with a dirty smile on his face. She was completely vulnerable and useless. She didn’t know what was going to happen next, she flared her arms around and tried kicking him, but she was powerless. “Get off! Oh God, please!” She screamed, but he didn’t respond, he sat on her looking at her, deciding what he should do first with her. He pulled out a knife and held it to her throat, he enjoyed watching her being scared, it gave him power and she somehow knew that.
Lena has never been so frightened in her life. She started to think of all the bad things that could happen: being raped, kidnapped, or murdered. Pessimistic thoughts grew more and more, all she could think of was how much she still loved her family no matter how frustrating things got, tears grew in her eyes and she began to cry frantically.
            He leaned towards her face and spoke softly to her lips and looked into her eyes, “Quiet pretty girl.” He sat back up, but was still holding her hands on the ground. It felt like Lena’s stomach was about to twist inside out. She struggled to get him off but he over powered her and he had the advantage of being on top. He let go of both hands but kept the hand with the knife still on her throat “Don’t move or with a single mistake you do I’ll cut your throat.” He took the other hand and touched her face slowly sliding down to the neck, then farther and farther down. The sick bastard even started to laugh. This was it and she closed her eyes and embraced herself for what was about to happen next.
            “Hey!” Lena heard another voice and the man flew off her and saw him face first on the ground, grunting loudly, she saw blood on the ground and immediately thought it was hers. The last thing she saw was him running off into the dark and a shadow hovering over her, then darkness. She fainted.
She recovered several minutes later and realized what had happened to her. She sat up immediately, the man was gone but she wasn’t alone.
            “Wow, hey? Are you alright?” Lena looked up and saw a figure sitting beside her. She looked up and saw a young beautiful girl with long wavy brown hair that flowed like the ocean. She saw two concerning eyes staring at her. The girl’s eyes stared at Lena, instantly she saw those green eyes and was lost in them. Those hazel green eyes glistened in the moonlight and it looked like an angel hovering over Lena. She felt a warm sensation inside the pit of her stomach, almost like getting butterflies when you’re about to go on a rollercoaster.
            “Yeah, what happened? I was…then…now I’m…where is he?” Lena remembered everything that had happened now. She sat up in the grass on the path that took her to her favorite place.
              “I was walking home, and I heard a scream and came over and saw that guy and he looked like a freak so I decided to come over and kick the crap out of him.” Lena’s ‘hero’ explained to her.
Page 4

        “What did you do? Why did he leave?” Lena ask anxiously, looking at the ground and finding the blood on the ground.
        “When I really knew that he was attacking you, I grabbed the branch and I whacked him in the face, I think I hit his nose, hopefully I broke it, the bastard deserved it anyhow, are you sure you’re okay.”
        “Yeah, I’m okay, um…well I’m Lena and you’re…”
        “Lucille, Luce, you can call me Luce.” She smiled when she spoke, and when she spoke she looked into Lena’s eyes.
        “Luce, thank you, so very much.” Lena’s voice echoed through Luce’s ears and Luce felt a bit of comfort hearing Lena saying her name like they knew eachother already. She felt a bit strange about it, she never felt anything like it, the feeling was different. She looked at Lena and saw the moonlight, on Lena. Her beauty glowed like the corona of the sun. Her blond curly hair fell to her shoulders it was gorgeous. Luce looked into Lena’s eyes and felt warmth inside her; she saw her soul. “We should probably call the police, men like that shouldn’t be wondering the streets or the park, don’t you think?”
        “No! We can’t do that,” Luce persuaded Lena since Luce was half drunk and half high. “He’s long gone by now, and we never got to see what he looked like.”
        “Right.” Lena looked towards the darkened trees, thinking about what happened before gave shivers down her spine.
        “Lena, do you want me to walk you home or something? I really wouldn’t mind, I actually want to.”
        “You want to?” Lena asked smiling.
        “Well, I mean, you’re probably still dramatized from the attack and I figured I’ll walk you home so…you’re not…uh…scared.” Luce explained for the need of wanting to walk Lena home.
        “Actually, I would like that. I’m gonna end up being paranoid or something.” Lena said looking down on the ground and caught herself digging up the grass from the ground. Luce stood up looking down at Lena and observed her playing with the grass. She looks so innocent and harmless like she wouldn’t hurt a fly even if it landed on her shoulder and slapped her across the face.
        “Here, let me help you up,” Luce put out her hand and Lena reached out, they’re hands touched and it felt like a lightning bolt ran through their bodies from their finger tips to their heart. They looked at eachother’s eyes and felt something they never felt before. Lena thought that perhaps it was a moment when you first meet somebody and right away you want to be their friend, almost like a friend forever or perhaps a thought that they were friends back in the previous life. They were still holding unto eachother’s hands and looking at eachother’s eyes when Lena looked away and Luce pulled Lena up unto her feet.
          “Thanks for helping me up and pretty much saving my life,” Lena smiled with a twinkle in her eye that Luce seemed to be mesmerized by.
“It was no problem, next time don’t be walking around in a dark park in the middle of the night by yourself,” Luce smiled back. “So which way are we walking?”

          “This way,” Lena pointed towards the direction. “It’s just down the street a few blocks, it shouldn’t take too long.” They both began to walk in the direction of Lena’s house. There was silence between the two for a moment; the only noise was the sound of singing crickets.
          “So why are you in the park in the middle of the night by yourself?” Luce kicked a rock and it rolled off the curb.
            “Oh it’s a long story.”
              “I got time.” She winked and Lena was able to give a smile.
         Lena hesitated for a moment, but she finally had a friend that she could tell and Luce seemed like the person that would understand. “Alright, well, ever since my baby brother James has been born, it seems like none of my parents have time for me. I try to tell them but they won’t even listen to what I have to say, they’re always busy with something else that they’re doing. I just don’t understand why they can’t take five minutes out of they busy life and actually listen to what I’m feeling and what I have to say, you know?”
         Luce stared at Lena, as if she was thinking what to say but she knew right away what her response was going to be. “Most grown-ups don’t want to understand or listen because they’re scared what you do have to say. To them, it’s just another problem that they have to worry about, so the best way to avoid that problem, is to avoid you.” Lena dropped her head and gazed at the ground and her eyes watered because it sounds right. Maybe that is why they have been avoiding her, they want to avoid her problems so they don’t have to deal with it. Luce kept her eyes fixed on Lena, she could tell that she was in pain, perhaps she said too much.
                Luce stopped and grabbed Lena’s hand; she stopped but was still focused on the ground. “I’m sorry, I tend to say too much on what is on my mind, it was something you shouldn’t have heard yet, especially from me when I barely even know you.” Luce was still holding Lena’s hand; Lena turned her head slightly and looked at their hands. She looked up at Luce’s pretty eyes and was mesmerized on how much she felt better just by looking into her eyes. Luce looked down at her hand, “I’m sorry,” Luce let go of her hand and then she looked at the ground a bit embarrassed for holding unto Lena’s hand for such a long time.
                “Don’t be! Please, it’s nice to have someone that could actually comfort me and know that they care how I feel, I mean…it’s nice to have a friend that can do that for me.” Lena smiled and she herself looked at the ground and felt embarrassed. They continued to walk and for several “awkward” minutes they reached Lena’s house.
              “Well, this is me.”
              “Wow, you really don’t live too far from the park. Well, here’s my cell phone number if you ever need a friend to talk to again, because I’m there to listen.” Lena took out her cell phone and dialed in Luce’s number and pressed save.
              “Thanks again for listening, and walking me home and of course saving me.” Both of them grinned and looked at eachother, which seemed like forever.
                “Ha! It was no problem just don’t be out so late by yourself. Call me whenever.”
                “I will,” Lena was till looking in her eyes. For some reason she never wanted to say good-bye, but before she could actually figure why she didn’t, she turned away without saying goodbye and Luce watched her until Lena got in the back gate then she started home.
         Later that night as both of them were going to sleep; they’re head hit their pillow and thoughts of that night began to rerun. They fell into a deep sleep thinking about every great characteristic of one another from the beauty of their smile, their hair, they way they talk, and especially eachother’s eyes.



(I've only gotten this far, I'm still writing but let me know what you think so far) =]]
© Copyright 2007 nikki1314 (nikki1314 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270213-An-Unstoppable-Force-part-1