*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270603-Alone
by Nathan
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1270603
Two teens, a troubled boy and a popular girl, are the only people left on their planet.
Mike woke up earlier than he ever had before. He didn't wake up because of a noise. He woke up because there was no noise. Everything seemed to have stopped. Mike slowly sat up in bed. His brown hair was matted and messy. His eyes were squinted and watery. Curiously, he looked around his room. It was as it always was: Clothes all over the floor and everything else piled up on his desk.
Mike got out of bed and slipped on a gray, plain shirt. He didn't care about style. Before he left his bedroom, he glanced at his alarm clock. The clock read six a.m.
"Huh?" Mike asked to no one in particular. He usually got up at seven. Shrugging, he left the room.
Mike automatically went into the kitchen and fetched himself some Captain Crunch. He sat down at the counter and began slurping noisily. Usually his older sister complained about it. "Morgan!" Mike exclaimed. She should have been down a long time ago.
Mike walked back up the stair and down the hallway to the right. He passed some family photos framed in black velvet. When he was younger, he always touched it when he walked by. Now he didn't even glance at it. Soon he got to Morgan's door. Without knocking, he barged in. "Wake up!" He yelled. No answer. He examined the bed. Empty.
Strange, thought Mike. No one's home. "Yes!" He yelled. "No school for me then!" He ran downstairs and grabbed his now soggy cereal. Then, he plopped down on the black leather couch. He planned to watch TV all day. He clicked it on. Channel fifty-five was out. Confused, he turned to another channel. It was also out. He pressed the TV guide button. It didn't work. No channels worked. His plans were quickly ruined.
© Copyright 2007 Nathan (nathan1025 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270603-Alone