*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271369-Recess-in-middle-school
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1271369
Why Recess should be put back in Middle Schools
Anthony Pantalena
Age 13
6/3/07
Final draft


Recess

Some schools are taking away recess from kids, but that may hurt them more then help. Recess helps students focus, and can improve your school’s reputation. Also, students with recess have better social skills. Recess should be a part of the curriculum of HKMS.

Studies at Texas University have shown that kids who have recess work better in school than kids who don’t.  The studies show that kids need a break to run around after a lot of work. Then they will be less stressed and more focused on stuff like class work Like one time I had a ton of homework on the weekend, and taking breaks after finishing something helped me to keep relaxed and stay focused. Also, the brain needs down time to recycle chemicals that help long term memory. This way, they will remember about a lesson a teacher gave, a project that is due, or what homework is due. Overall, recess will help the kids have better grades in every class.

Because kids will get better grades, recess should help your school to get a better reputation. People looking for a place to move would look to Easton for their wonderful school reputation. Thus, more people would move to the great town of Easton, bringing more money to our town because more people means more people buying houses, property, and paying topics. Also, more kids in our school would mean more friends for everyone, for everyone would find new friends in the new kids.

Recess gives kids a taste of the real world. In recess, kids have to learn how to resolve conflicts on their own, without adult help. Also, they learn how to work with each other, and cooperate.  Like if there is a controversial incident in a game, the teams must work it out with each other. This gives the kids a taste of the real world, because they will have to work it out without any adult help, and that is what life is like. This will help the kids build character, and make more friends. Making recess go back in HKMS should make these kids grow in to good, responsible young adults.

So overall, recess helps kids concentrate, raises your reputation, and if you don’t do it, bullying will increase. I hope that this has convinced you to add recess to HKMS.
© Copyright 2007 Anthony Pantalena (tonythetiger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271369-Recess-in-middle-school