*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271942-Make-a-Life
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Animal · #1271942
Kuro is worried about Kim's new boyfriend and his spirit double, Dark.
Kurogane snorted, his breath making the purple mist swirl. He watched his master with interest as she landed in his realm... the dream realm. His ears pricked slightly as she stepped forward. What did she want...?

Kim smoothed out her shirt, then walked closer to Kurogane, her eyes on his. When she was directly in front of him, he bowed, wings dipping to the sides in acknowledgment. "Greetings, my lady." He said quietly, ears flickering towards her.

"I want to know what's wrong, Kuro." Kim said abruptly, putting her hands on her hips. She tried to look annoyed, but her face was usually calm when she was around Kuro, and she couldn't force an expression. Knowing that, she let her face relax.

Kurogane looked up at her, eyes moving this way and that on her face, expression intense. "What do you mean, my lady?" He asked, righting himself again. His wings, although aware of his nervous mood, relaxed gently at his sides, twitching. He silently commanded them to be still.

"Kuro, I know you well... we're both the same person. I can feel you pacing inside me every night. I'm worried about you. What's been bothering you?" Kim lay a protective hand on the large wolf's shoulder, her fingers brushing through his silky fur. "Is it Alex?"

Kurogane shuddered. She's been right on the mark. He was thinking about her boyfriend, and the darkness caged up inside. He thought of how he was so much stronger than her, and he could.. well, he could hurt her if he really wanted, although he swore to never touch her in any way she didn't want.

Kuro lowered his head, troubled. "I'm scared of them, my lady. I'm afraid of what they could do." He sat on his haunches, his ears drooping with relief. At least he'd gotten it off of his chest.

Kim's eyes turned sympathetic, and she leaned forward, engulfing the wolf in a hug. "I know, Kuro. I am, too." She closed her eyes and began to stroke his soft fur soothingly, her hair tumbling down his back like waves of muddy water. "I know how you feel. I've felt it too, many times before. He's just so powerful. I really don't like it when he grips my arms and pulls them, but I'm getting used to it." She bit her lip, thinking about how Alex had taken over her, completely at her own will. A warm feeling slowly crept up into her abdomen and chest, making her mind flutter with excitement. Kuro felt this and smiled.

He pulled back from her embrace, his eyes warm and fatherly. "My little Kirugane, you have to do what you have to do, so I'll let you go ahead and do it while you can." He licked the side of her cheek where a tear was falling, his tounge stroking her soft skin. He loved how she could be so soft without even really trying, and how her hair smelled of coconut. He loved coconut.

Kim opened her eyes a bit, settling down into the wolf's legs. They reminded her of pillars in a greek stadium, so strong and protective.

"Wait... what do I have to do?" Her eyes blinked open in surprise, and she pulled back, looking at his face, which was passive. "What am I going to have to do?" She asked again, her head tilting cutely.

Kurogane grinned, knowing he had sparked her attention. "You must help your Alex in finding Dark's missing peice." He said quietly, ears pricking forward so that he looked more intelligent. A pair of glasses suddenly appeared on his nose, and he smiled as he looked at her above them. She looked surprised, even though he had done this in her prescence many times before. Magic was a beautiful thing, in his opinion.

"So.. I'm supposed to help Alex find... Dark's love?" Kimmi asked quizzically, looking at the floor. She was lost in thought, as always. Kuro lifted her chin with his muzzle, his eyes on her face. She looked into his eyes, waiting for him to say something. He finally opened his mouth and closed his eyes, his head shaking thoughtfully. "No. You must use your own love to defeat Dark's emotionless existance." He opened his eyes, and blinked, surprised to see his little girl smiling, a blush slowly creeping to her face.

"What is it, Kimmi?" He asked, his wolfish brows rising. The only time he'd ever seen her like this was... well, never. She turned to him and gave him a hug, and he blinked again. What was going on...?

Kimmi laughed into his fur, her breath warming the spot where her mouth connected with his shoulder. "You don't know how much that means to me," She sniffled, tears staining his grey pelt. Kuro slowly wrapped his paws around her, strong frame pulling her closer. He closed his eyes and set his chin down on her head. He softly breathed out, feeling strong and needed for a few moments.

Kim broke the embrace first, pulling away from him. He let his paws linger on her for a moment more, then they fell to the floor, supporting his large body once more. He watched her face quietly,  sadness etched on his face. She smiled sadly, too, and gently placed her hand on his head, her fingers ruffling his fur. "I'm fine, Kuro. My parents are about to wake me up, though. I'd better wake up." She said, eyes flashing blue, then fading to grey again.

Kurogane nodded, understanding. He stood up and spread his wings, paws nearly silent as he walked her to the silvery light that was beggining to filter through the air. She stepped up on his shoulders, light as liquid, and braced herself as he surged upward, his wings propelling them both into a rocketing lunge. She bent her knees and leaped into the light, dissapearing almost immediately.

Kuro fell to the floor of the realm like a feather, floating down on the mist. As he landed, he could feel Kim waking up, sleepily saying hello to her father, who was urging her to go outside. Kurogane smiled, and his wolf form peeled off of him, leaving a skinny, pale, human male teenager standing in his place, red short spiky hair bright in contrast to his nearly tanless human body. Clothes began to appear on his form, covering his nakedness from his lady. He opened his eyes slowly to reveal a shocking neon green tint in them, making him appear sharp. The glasses he was wearing floated down to him, and he caught them with one pale hand, placing them back on the bridge of his nose.

He smiled when he felt Kim begin the merge process, and he spread his arms apart, making a cross-shape with his body. He breathed out softly, then grinned deviantly. "Let's go make a life," He laughed, dissapearing in a flash of white light.

Then all was silent in the dream realm, the last lingering trace of feathers fading into the purple mist as a new day was begun.
© Copyright 2007 Glo Evantide (furryglo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271942-Make-a-Life