*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271947-Part-3-Perception-of-Reality
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #1271947
This is my favorite part.
        Reality is an oft-debated subject.  Some believe that reality is unerring.  Some believe that you create your own reality.  I believe that you can bear your own perceptions of it and have them be correct, but only to a certain point.  I also believe that there are a few undeniable truths.  The term “undeniable truth”, on the surface, does seem to be a repetitive statement.  But on closer inspection (or introspection) one realizes that truth, being inherently perception, is quite variable and can be molded to fit any need.  If one person truly believes something, does that not make it true for that person?  And if it is true for one person, is it not still true?  If truth truly is perception, then what any one person believes becomes truth, and that happens to be in contradiction to what another believes is true, then both truths are in contradiction.  As a contradiction cannot exist in the real world without it being paradoxical, that provides irrefutable evidence that reality and existence are not merely perception, and that not all perceptions are reality.
© Copyright 2007 Son of A One-Eyed Father (iamzakk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271947-Part-3-Perception-of-Reality