*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271958-I-Wish-I-May-I-Wish-I-might
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1271958
Determined to get back her true love, Annabelle tries explain to Kyle why she needs him
The nights grew longer and the days shorter since he left my life. I could still hear him whispering my name. “Annabelle, I love you,” he would say while holding me tight. I sat on my bed with my legs to my chest, looking outside of my window at the clear night’s sky. I was searching for the brightest star that lightened the night’s sky. My eyes were fluttering around frantically until I found the star. I closed my green eyes and silently wished for my love to come back, to realize that he has made some massive mistake. As I completed my wish, I opened my eyes and got the sudden urge to talk to him. I reached across my bed, and picked up my phone. I dialed his number but quickly hung up. I ran out of my room and quickly grabbed my keys. I ran out of my house, and into my car. I was going to see him. I felt extremely confident and knew exactly what I was going to say.

On the drive to his house I played out in my mind, how this would all end. He would hold me and tell me how sorry he is. He would tell me that he could not live without me, and we will be together forever.

I finally reached his house and walked up the small set of stairs leading to his door. When I extended my arm to knock the door swung open. I looked up and saw him.

“Kyle” I said.
“Anna, I was just coming over to see, you. I have something I wanted to tell you.”
“No… let me go first. Please.”
He shook his head and looked at me, with a concerned look in his face.
I looked into his blue eyes, trying to figure out where to begin. “Okay, you see, I’ve been debating about this for two days now. But I decided that I needed to tell you this. Kyle, I love you. I love you with all of my heart and I don’t want to live my life without you. You bring me so much happiness and joy that life without you is miserable. I wanted to know if we could talk about getting back together. Please, Kyle really think about this because you are everything to me.”
“Annabelle, I really care for you but I wanted to talk to you about getting as much closure as possible. I started dating somebody else.” He said, in a very quiet tone.
I went from looking into his eyes to looking at the ground.
“Closure, so you’ll be comfortable? No thanks. I got to go…”

I turned away from him walking towards my car. Kyle called my name but I ignored him. I opened my car door and sunk into the chair. I looked over at Kyle’s house but he already went inside. How could he find somebody else so quickly? Did I not mean anything to him? I sighed. I looked up at the night sky and again silently made a wish. I wished that I would die. I couldn’t live my life without Kyle by my side. I just didn’t want to do it. I put the car key into the ignition and drove off. As I was driving, I reached in my purse for a much needed cigarette. I lit it and inhaled it deeply. I was very shaky from the whole ordeal. My hands, trembling let go of the cigarette and it fell to the floor. I quickly glanced down and looked for it but did not see it. I glanced back up at the road, back down to floor, the road, the floor and finally I found it. Under my left foot. I reached down for it, struggling for about forty five seconds I finally reached it. When I looked up there was a set of headlights ten feet away from me approaching me head on. I didn’t move my steering wheel.

© Copyright 2007 Pain Is Real (painisreal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271958-I-Wish-I-May-I-Wish-I-might