*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272331-Just-like-always
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1272331
Small chapter from a book i'm writing. It shows ones longing for the other.
She wrapped herself tightly in the blankets and snuggled quickly into the warm quilt.

It was winter in the freezing regions of Ilkional. However, the only changes in the surroundings were the frozen icicles dotted here and there.

She closed her eyes and let out a long breath.

peace, tranquillity and above all silence.
Then, she felt his arrival.
She didn't move, not a sound. just lay in wait.
His soft footsteps grew closer to where she lay. "mei-mei."

The young woman stirred at his gentle voice and raised her head sleepily "Tarre?"
She sat up quickly dizzying herself "What's wrong?"

The somewhat older man shook his head, cursing softly to himself "Nothing, I just..... there's something..." He stopped sighing frustrated.
The young woman, Anne, moved closer to him watching his face intently.
Tarre bent down and reached out slowly to her hand then drew it to his face. She felt him kiss her palm and then stared into the icy blue orbs that burned in front of her. "I..."

Tanne's brows furrowed and her eyes searched his features "What is.” she never finished the sentence, his lips were upon hers.
She felt his tongue sweep against her lips, demanding access. She complied readily and wrapped her fragile arms around his strong tanned torso, pulling him back unto her bed.

He fell on top of her with a slight exhale of breath but they never stopped kissing. After what seemed like hours they parted breathless, but Tarre never took his eyes from her face. “I love you.” he whispered feverishly, engulfing her in his gentle yet powerful aura.
Tanne closed her eyes and breathed in deeply, inhaling his so familiar and comforting scent. This was what she had dreamed about all these years, all this time. He loved her.
She came back to conscious thought as she felt Tarre chewing one of her ears, ‘your so beautiful’ he spoke telepathically, sending shivers down her spine. The half elf woman sunk back into the pillows with Tarre kissing every inch of her skin .

“I love you.” she gasped out breathlessly, “I really love you.”

Then something happened, something strange. In that moment she felt that everything was fading and going grey.
“don’t leave me” she whispered despratley to the fast fading image of her love. “Tarre!” she yelled as the blackness surrounded her.

Then she woke, sat up and looked around her small, simple room. Sweat fell from her brow and her heart beat fast.
Empty space, her room was normal everything in its place apart from one thing, she looked beside her only to see empty space on the bed.
She sank back into the quilt, tears building in her eyes.

Just like always.
© Copyright 2007 SoulEatingCloud (symblmyne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272331-Just-like-always