*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272597-War-of-Ages
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by David
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1272597
The final battle of the War of Ages is coming to a close.
    The weapons are all broken, all that is left now is desperate animalism of those left alive.  Swords have been replaced by teeth and fingernails.  Many fall dead from exhaustion.  Others fight purely on muscle memory, their minds have long since fallen into oblivion of madness.  The bodies of the fallen have been long since been crushed under foot.  Soldiers who now fight do so in a field of gore and blood up to their knees.  The battle has reached its climax.  I am sure that by sunrise tomorrow a victor will be herald, and the world will be forever changed.
    I must finish this story before sunrise.  Those left alive need to understand why this war, this last battle was of necessity.  To do this I must take you, the reader, on a journey back in time, back five thousand years ago.
© Copyright 2007 David (xdavidx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272597-War-of-Ages