*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272656-Devious-Plot
Rated: E · Other · Ghost · #1272656
A really short story that I wrote back in 7th grade for English class.
The ghost entered the church undetected. He arrived at noon on a quiet Monday, knowing that there would be less commotion. He had planned this for some time and now was ready to put his plan into action.

His plan was perfect. With the help of six other ghosts, who all owed him substantial favors, he would kidnap seven nuns from different countries and hold them for ransom in a secret hideaway. He decided to kidnap nuns because of an incident in his early childhood that haunted him for the rest of his life. The priest in the churches would be powerless to stop them, because you can't stop what you can't see.

The ghost laughed loudly at his little joke, knowing that his plan was perfect. The time was right and he was ready. Soon he would be very rich, the richest ghost in the universe. The priests were sure to pay the ransom.

The church he picked was in Madrid, Spain. His friends, the other ghosts, were ready to do the same in other parts of the world. The nuns would all be brought to Paris, France, where the ghost would then transport them to his secret hideaway. No one knew where that was except him, not even his co-conspirators.

He swept down suddenly and lifted the nun onto a large chair. Predictably, the nun screamed and the priests shouted in horror. They couldn't believe what they were seeing or not seeing. The chair was lifted high into the air, but by whom? This couldn't be happening. Who could do such a horrible thing and how could they do it without being seen.

It was as if a ghost had appeared, but since they didn't believe in ghosts there had to be some other credible explanation. But it was happening right before their eyes, and before they knew it, it was over. The ghost had flown out the window carrying the chair with a screaming nun aboard for the ride. The ghost couldn't believe how easy it had been. Hopefully, the others had been successful too.

The next day the ghost smiled at what he had accomplished. The ransom notes had all been sent. All he had to do was wait for the money. Nothing could stop him now, he thought. But he was very wrong.

For unbeknownst to him, there was a ghost buster named Dr. Cyclops who had been waiting all his life for an opportunity to show his special talent for detecting the presence of ghosts and terminating their existence. Dr. Cyclops offered his services when he heard the news. The priests were skeptical but what did they have to lose. Maybe the ghost buster could perform a miracle.

Dr. Cyclops went back to his laboratory and turned on his special machine used to detect the presence of ghosts. It had never worked before but Dr. Cyclops just knew it would work this time. He turned on the machine and followed the signal to the secret hideaway. He rescued the seven nuns and returned them all to their respective churches.

The machine rendered the ghost powerless to stop him. The ghost's perfect plan had been ruined. The churches showed their appreciation by rewarding Dr. Cyclops. In the end it was Dr. Cyclops who got rich instead of the ghost.
© Copyright 2007 Keith Ingis (writingfun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272656-Devious-Plot