*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272984-Shane
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Amanda
Rated: · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1272984
I REALLY liked this guy, and now he's no longer a boyfriend or a friend after 3 years.
This is a story about a guy that I really liked at the beginning of the school year, and then I pretended to like his best friend to see if I could make him jealous, and when that didn't work, I asked out these other people, and when THAT didn't work, I asked him to the up coming school dance.

There was this guy named Shane. He was taller than me, REALLY cute, and REALLY, nice. Well, I liked him, and I was the only one that knew that. I tried making him jealous by acting like I liked his best friend, Sam. Sam was the guy I picked to pretend to like because I had easy access to people around him. He's my best friend's older brother, and my now ex-boyfriend's friend. I would talk about Sam all the time, act like I was falling head over heels for him, give him notes, write him songs, I would even call him. But nothing worked. I just couldn't make this guy jealous. So I tried a different approach.
I asked out someone else. I asked out my friend Yevgeniy, and I was lucky because he said yes. I liked Yevgeniy, but, more as a friend. I would talk to my friend about Yevgeniy in front of Shane just to try to make him jealous. When I dumped Yevganiy for the second time, I had to go to Minnesota. I wanted Shane to tell me he liked me, or something, so I drug out how bad it might be, and I kept brining it up, but he just wouldn't say anything. I went to Minnesota and I wished that he would've said something, but he didn't. When I came back from Minnesota and got back in school I pretended to like Sam again, just to see what would happen. Low and Behold what happened? Absolutely NOTHING! SO I asked out one of Sam's friends, James. He was okay. I wanted everyone to know that I had a boyfriend, and everyone knew I had a boyfriend. James went and told everyone. I thought for SURE THIS was gonna make him jealous.
It didn't. He didn't say anything!! I got real upset and went out with this inconsiderate jerk for TWO months because I thought that it would eventually make him jealous. It never did so I finally dumped James. I would find random excuses to talk to Shane, and I think he would find random excuses to talk to me. He would come over and eavesdrop on our conversations and he would talk about things like guitar picks and then I finally had had enough. I told my friend to go tell him that I wanted to go to the dance with him and that I really liked him. She came back and said that he wanted me to go over there. Shane WANTED to talk to me. I was so happy. I had to be dragged over there though because I was really nervous. He told me that he would have to talk to his parents, and then I got to meet his stepmom the next day. From there, we just kind of, started dating, unknown to me. I didn't know at all that we were dating until three days prior the dance. It was nice to know that one of the most perfect guys I knew was my boyfriend. He gave me his email address and phone number, and I emailed him and called him. When the dance arrived, it was so funny.
One of Shane's friends thought I was his little sister, Shane said I wasn't. Then he started hitting on me, and some other guy came over. The first guy said to the other guy that he had come over just to find out what MY name was. Shane looked a little uncomfortable with his friend hitting on me and stuff. Then he asked how we were related and Shane and I both said that we aren't realted and Shane said I was his girlfriend. Hhis friend looked a little embarrassed and walked away and his other friend started to question us about our relationship.
© Copyright 2007 Amanda (samsgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272984-Shane