*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273028-Wishtake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Drama · #1273028
Introduction to a man who finds out the meaing to "be careful what you wish for"
Harold Johnson lives the American dream.  He has corporate level job that he loves with a six figure income, a loving family consisting of a wife and three kids, great friends, great health, an overall prosperous life heading into what looks like a positive future.  Then it happens.
         He wakes up one morning in bed with a different woman living in a trailer completely on the other side of the country.  Eventually he figures out that the woman is actually someone he knows, or rather used to know, nine years ago.  She was his first love, the woman who broke his heart, the one he thought he would never get over.  Only now she is overweight, her skin is pale, her overall appearance is nothing like he remembered, nor is her financial and social status.  He also figured out later that her personality is nothing like he thought he wanted.  His job, as well as his financial and social status, even his appearance, is much different and worse off as well.
         He finds out that the reason he is here is a very strange one, based on a wish he made soon after she left him those many years ago.  It started when he walked into a mysterious fortune telling shack and was asked for one wish he wanted to be granted, and he wished that one day in the future he would have another chance with this woman.  The “witch” warned him that it would come true.  After a year went by, he lost hope.
         Now Harold, regretting the wish that he had made, must find a way to get back the life that he never knew or thought that he wanted to have.  The only way is through the “witch”, whose shop has disappeared and whose whereabouts are unknown.  Be careful of what you wish for.
© Copyright 2007 naterob (nnrobert at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273028-Wishtake